Snooper S5000... Help before it drives me mad!

Ill try my best to cut a long story short so please stick with me…

I had a snooper S7000 about 3 years a go which was faultless until it packed in. So now I need another sat nav, a few weeks a go I bought the S5000 along with 4 mates at work and its diabolical. The list of inappropriate routes they’ve sent us to is endless. I’ve been onto snooper technical support more times than I care to mention, I’ve checked my truck specs I tapped in, I’ve done the latest software and map updates and still it insists on sending me down roads I can’t fit when I know there’s a major road in and out of a location. I just don’t get it seeing as my old S7000 was bob on. All 5 of us are having the same problems with these units.

It’s got to the point that we are going to send them back, now my question is… If I upgrade to a different model, the S7000. What are my chances of it working correctly :confused: I know this sounds stupid as the mapping and software should technically be the same but I’m hoping not as I really don’t want to go down a Tomtom or garmin route.

Is it possible out S5000’s are a faulty batch or is this out of the question seeing as the software and maps have been updated ? Something’s a miss and snooper have no answers for us.

Sorry for the long first post. This site was recommended to me and looks like there’s a lot of good stuff on here. Can’t believe I never found it before :slight_smile:

Thanks for any input or suggestions :slight_smile:

Add me on to your list.

I bought my snooper s5000 three weeks ago from satnav warehouse and frankly it’s been a [zb] pain.

Twice I’ve been sent down a 7.5T limit in Neath as well as a 18t bridge in Crumlyn South Wales.
Yesterday it told me there was a low bridge (13ft3") on the Ystradgynlais rd heading towards J45. My truck is 13ft 8" and the bridge is 16ft+.

It has sent me on a “not suitable for HGV” road twice. Snooper insist it’s the way I’ve eneterd the truck information. Like Truck info is - 26T weight, 2.4m width, 13ft 8" height.

Best one is near Elton (cinderford area) kept on making a noise about a 3T weight limit on a bridge that obviously had been by-passed numerous years ago.

So it’s not you - but like you, I wished I’d not bought my snooper :cry:

My best advice is to send it back pal. All 5 of ours were posted back yesterday. It even cost us £28 for postage :frowning: I can’t wait get my money back. I’m looking at the TomTom7150 now. There’s something seriously wrong with them snoopers. I’ve got a list as long as my arm of inappropriate routes they sent us on. I expected much for for nearly £300!

… Just a thought mate… We bought ours from the sat nav warehouse and have been in a lot of talks with the sales fella there called Ben. Also Ben and myself Dan, have been in talks with Snooper technical services, a guy called Ed who was pretty bloody useless if I’m honest.

I would have thought if you give Ben a call at the sat nav warehouse and explain to him we found each other on here with the same problems and send yours back, he may get in touch with snooper and get something sorted. Personally I hope he tells snooper to jog on and not sell their inferior product any longer. At the end of the day the product is not fit for purpose so your entitled to send it back :slight_smile: hope this helps.

Selling my 7150 truck here bit.ly/Py3cBf if anyone is interested…

Just read your auction description. What is the local search function you mention ?

Cheers pal.

… And just out of curiosity what sat nav have you chosen to upgrade to if you don’t mind me asking :slight_smile:

Ordered the TomTom truck 5150. The local search is via google. I do multi drop to food businesses and quite often need to google search the business to find out exact location and opening times etc.
The 7150 is capable of it but not without a Webfleet subscription.

Obviously I can use my phone to google it but if I don’t have a 3G signal there’s no point even trying.
Included the traffic charger with it as that’s prob the most important feature for many people.
Never had a problem with the TomTom truck map myself, hence choosing the same mapping software with the 5150.
I just need to use more of the live services.

Cheers mate I will look into it :slight_smile: thanks for the help and advice :slight_smile:

Item relisted, price reduced!!!

GIxer7502:
Obviously I can use my phone to google it but if I don’t have a 3G signal there’s no point even trying.
Included the traffic charger with it as that’s prob the most important feature for many people.
Never had a problem with the TomTom truck map myself, hence choosing the same mapping software with the 5150.
I just need to use more of the live services.

I’ve been looking at this model, how are you getting on with yours?