Snooper help

I said I’d give my old snooper ( think it was a s8200) to a young lad starting out as I’ve a new one , last I used it , at a guess a year ago it worked fine , but now when you switch it on , it gets as far as the home page ( assume that’s the name , just snooper on it ) then will not go any farther , stuck / frozen I assume , a suggestion was let the battery go flat , seems to make no difference , I read about a reset , but says about button on bottom , this only has ports on side
Any ideas , ta

dozy:
I said I’d give my old snooper ( think it was a s8200) to a young lad starting out as I’ve a new one , last I used it , at a guess a year ago it worked fine , but now when you switch it on , it gets as far as the home page ( assume that’s the name , just snooper on it ) then will not go any farther , stuck / frozen I assume , a suggestion was let the battery go flat , seems to make no difference , I read about a reset , but says about button on bottom , this only has ports on side
Any ideas , ta

With mine I just take the CD card out give it a wipe, put back in that should work. Hope this was any help. All the best frank.

suefrank:

dozy:
Any ideas , ta

With mine I just take the CD card out give it a wipe, put back in that should work. Hope this was any help. All the best frank.

Thanks frank , tried that , not worked , tried letting battery run right down then charge , doesn’t work
It loads this page and that’s as far as it goes , not sure of relevance but blue tooth doesn’t work either
I’ve found a place in Peter bough that mends them , but the other offices are London / Romania , so not sure about sending it to them at p/ bro or paying them

Looks like sorted , spoke to snooper ( first time I’ve rang them , very helpful considering sat nav must be 6 yrs + old & well out of warranty ) after doing a few checks he said it’s sd card , so sending me a new one , hopefully sorts it & can pass it onto youngster

Not sorted , still the same with new sd card , think the young kids starting to think I don’t want to give him the sat nav , will ring snooper again

Snooper have now said send it to them and they will have a look , as new sd card should of sorted issue

Well I was praising snooper , but we boxed up sat nav , sent it to them with a note inside box , never heard a thing for 2 week , sat nav arrives back on doorstep , minus note we sent , exactly as we sent it , just loads up snooper page , ■■■■ poor customer service , if they can’t fix it you’d think they’d at least email you , phone you or just pop a note in box as too why not , or what’s wrong , feel a bit quilty as said lad could have it , but had enough of it now

Spoke to them today , asked them if they could actually tell me what was wrong with the sat nav , said the repair team were still looking at it ,No you’ve sent it back I’ve got it , but you’ve not emailed me , put a letter in box what’s actually wrong with it
Said I’ll see , said they don’t stock part as it’s a old model , haven’t had parts for these s8000 for 2 years , but they’do me a new one for £299
Explained I’ve already got a new one I was hoping to mend this one for a new driver , asked what had actually gone on mine , didn’t know but haven’t got parts
I’m not convinced they’ve even looked at it , think there just trying to get you to buy a new one , poor really , good bit of kit but after sales let’s it down imoho

dozy:
Spoke to them today , asked them if they could actually tell me what was wrong with the sat nav , said the repair team were still looking at it ,No you’ve sent it back I’ve got it , but you’ve not emailed me , put a letter in box what’s actually wrong with it
Said I’ll see , said they don’t stock part as it’s a old model , haven’t had parts for these s8000 for 2 years , but they’do me a new one for £299
Explained I’ve already got a new one I was hoping to mend this one for a new driver , asked what had actually gone on mine , didn’t know but haven’t got parts
I’m not convinced they’ve even looked at it , think there just trying to get you to buy a new one , poor really , good bit of kit but after sales let’s it down imoho

Know this post is quite old but if your still looking for a solution, try using a hoover on the card slot if that does not work try using a cleaning solution like WD40