Snooper db8500 not starting up?

IS ANY ONE ELSE HAVING PROBLIMS WITH THE NEW SNOOPER TRUCKMATE DB8500?

Sometimes when I start the unit up it takes a long time (from a few seconds to a few min.) for the unit to power up?

Foreign writing in a red box and a loading bar working under it, then flashes to the snooper logo then back to the loading bar?

Not what you would expect from a unit that costs so much

Im not sure this forum is the place to comment on the snooper! We had a thread about the not long ago and when i said about all the trouble i was having with me new one i got shot down as it waas all my fault and i was stupid, personally i think there rubbish for what they cost.

Madguy. :imp:

Why don’t you ring them, they claim to offer free lifetime technical support.

weeto:
Why don’t you ring them, they claim to offer free lifetime technical support.

Did that, some help they were, the recomendation was to hold it out the window while driving up the motorway to see if i get a better reception instead of using the external gps arial.

Madguy. :imp:

haha just wanted to find out if other people have the same issue

Ha, brilliant, what if you drop it?

I rang them last week on the pretence of thinking of buying one of their products, (From a friend, not a brand new one.) and the guy was so unhelpful, I am now looking at other makes.

I asked him how they got their speed camera database information, as I currently use a 3rd party one which is accurate, (PocketGPS) and he said they have teams out all over supplying the information. When I suggested that they had teams of motorists doing it, as there was no way they could employ so many people to cover the entire country, he got all snotty about it.

I’m considering a Tom Tom or a Garmin, but like all sat navs, they are not without their faults and should be used with caution.

Ken.