Snooper 6500 truck satnav

Has anyone got or used me of these sat navs just need to know if they are better than the tomtom truck satnavs

Depends if you want live traffic or not, as I’ve heard the TomTom traffic is a bit better (from what I’ve read on here at least) as for a map telling you where to go, it’s no doubt the same as any other, excellent if used in conjunction with a driver with a brain, useless if used by a brain dead moronic steering wheel attendant.

Thanks live traffic and all the bells and whistles don’t bother me I only really one a couple of times a month when I’m delivering to a building suppliers in the middle of towns I’m not savvy with
I’ve got a car tomtom that’s about 12 years old and the maps have never: been updated so rather than pay for a car map update I thought it would work out cheaper to get a truck one with life time updates plus it’s been reduced to 175

It’s OK like all has it faults it has tryed taking me down country lanes a few times certainly not worth the full price. Mine just smashed after buying second hand but had it for a few years it is well built though I give it that.
I think the Xgody nav are better value for £30 as a haualuge i went to had all there trucks kitted out with them and they worked ok

I’ve recently bought a snooper with the built in dash cam.

From using tomtom for years - the one small thing I’ve noticed is snooper is slightly slower keeping up with you’re position. What I mean by that is if I come off a maotorway and it’s a short slip road, sometimes the snooper doesn’t tell me where I’m going next quite as quickly as the tomtom did.

Other than that it’s fine - but as said above, when used with other devices. I also use maps on my phone just to check destination and where it looks like should be the best route.

Don’t know if your intertest I have a snooper s2500 truck sat nav for sale for £110 posted has free lifetime map updates and I renewed the speed camera subscription in July for another year

The truth is they are all much the same its how good the person who uses it that deternines how good the product is

Reef:
Depends if you want live traffic or not, as I’ve heard the TomTom traffic is a bit better (from what I’ve read on here at least) as for a map telling you where to go, it’s no doubt the same as any other, excellent if used in conjunction with a driver with a brain, useless if used by a brain dead moronic steering wheel attendant.

As a leading expert in SatNav’s I would agree with Reef, however as someone who is just all round great such as myself, you cannot go wrong with CoPilot truck. It is good for everyone, steering wheel attendants have a greater chance of not getting yourself in a pickle with it. I wouldn’t bother with the Snooper although the S8100 is a good one. For the price though I would not pay it. CoPilot is your best bet.

UKtramp:

Reef:

As a leading expert in SatNav’s I would agree with Reef, however as someone who is just all round great such as myself, you cannot go wrong with CoPilot truck. It is good for everyone, steering wheel attendants have a greater chance of not getting yourself in a pickle with it. I wouldn’t bother with the Snooper although the S8100 is a good one. For the price though I would not pay it. CoPilot is your best bet.

It’s great to read on a forum that someone knows what there talking about
We really need more of the same, professional experts in serverel category’s they are far and few between