Snellen test

2 operations and a miracle. PASSED IT FINALLY…

phantomtraveller1:

Nice one mate… some good news for you at long last. :smiley:

Just watch out for the cheeky gits reducing the font size on the forms!!

phantomtraveller1:

Brilliant well done, was it down to new technology ? as you originally said it was inoperable.

i have just been told by an optician. that i do not pass the snellen test for a driver, due to having a lazy eye. this now means i will not have a job. Please, does anyone know where i stand on this now, as i will soon be unemployed?

phantomtraveller1:
i have just been told by an optician. that i do not pass the snellen test for a driver, due to having a lazy eye. this now means i will not have a job. Please, does anyone know where i stand on this now, as i will soon be unemployed?

Hi phantomtraveller1,

I’m sorry that we meet in such circumstances. :frowning:

The rules for drivers’ eyesight (and some other useful links) are :arrow_right: HERE IN THIS LINK

I’ve read the link, and from it I found that it might be a good idea for you to go and see your GP for some advice.

I hope there’s something that they can do for you. :smiley:

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome phantomtraveller1 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

phantomtraveller1:
i have just been told by an optician. that i do not pass the snellen test for a driver

:bulb: ask DVLA for one of their approved opticians so you can have a second opinion which DVLA will recognise

I have just received the letter from DVLA. They have revoked my hgv entitlement! I have had a lazy eye from birth, i can see out of the eye, but cannot read a number plate with it. This test has been in over 5 years! and now they decide i am not fit to drive a truck. So now have lost my job with it… So boys beware, if you cannot see the letters 4 lines down, with "both " eyes. Say goodbye to your way of life…

Presumably you’ve spoken to your optician about the possibility of correcting your sight with glasses, or is the condition to bad for correction to an acceptable level ?

Anyway I’m sorry to hear that your license has been revoked, can’t understand how you were allowed to have the license in the first place though if you couldn’t pass the eyesight test at the last medical :confused:

My Optician has ruled out any form of correction. My eye has never learned to read, This was brought in to stop people driving with only one eye, I have 2 that work perfectly well, except read. Your not the only one who wonders why they passed me 5 years ago, and not now! This will be investigated. Watch this space…