Snap help

After arguments about night out payments my lot have opened up a snap account. Predictably they’ve also given next to no information. How does it work? Is it any good? Can you get extras on it (I don’t mean Amazon Doncaster extras for a fiver, I mean truckwash etc)

I’m not fussed. I’ve got my own parking spots but would he nice to answer any questions any of my colleagues may have.

It all came about as we used to get cash on return for paid parking. Then it started going jn wages, then you’d end up waiting two/three weeks for it so in the end we all refused to use secure parking and stopped being a company overdraft so they’ve had to do something.

have you had a new tm mate, :question: :question: i ask cause of your recent posts…

Yes he’s moved on. We are now fast becoming another “logistics” operation staffed by numbers and manned by bean counters rather than the hood old days of actually getting the job done and doing what is needed along the way.

Morale is not good amongst colleagues :laughing:

Do you even google man
snapacc.com/locations/?lang=EN
some spaces are pre booked in other members yards, others are normal truckstops

Yeah ive got an app that tells me locations :unamused:

It doesn’t suggest how I book, or how I know I need to book, or of you meal vouchers etc.

It obviously says its very good. That why I’m not asking the app. Because its an app and id rather get real opinions on it.

It also doesn’t say if I can pay for other stuff like truckwashes on it.

Thanks for you input :slight_smile:

Could simplify the question
Can i get my truck washed with snap

There is only one i have ever stayed in on snap where i got a meal voucher, and that was Crawley crossing, not the best place tbh, some places you can get your meal discounted and some your just about lucky to get a shower. On the intruck app, the green coloured ones are usually the ones you have to phone up and book in, Some like the hollies, if you want to reserve a space apparently you have to do it online, others i just turn up, such as lincoln farm, others i phone when I’m about half hour away and ask if theres any spaces left, but that is mainly if its a late one. On the app, if you tap a site, scroll down to additional notes and usually it will say if theres a truck wash on site, or pub 5mins walk away etc. I know avonmouth truckstop you can pay for the wash on snap, and the one in strensham n/bound too. Don’t bother with it at all over the water, its useless.

Why so worried about washing the poxy lorry? It gets done at the end of the week or before you leave the yard. All YOU need to do during thr week is to keep the screen, mirrors and lights clean.

As above 100% cheers Ray

cav551:
Why so worried about washing the poxy lorry? It gets done at the end of the week or before you leave the yard. All YOU need to do during thr week is to keep the screen, mirrors and lights clean.

I’m not worried about it i was just nosing through the app and noticed some places said something like truckwash available and wondered if I can chuck it on out of curiosity more than anything.

LPW truckwashes accept SNAP, Alconbury, Avonmouth, Felixstowe West Thurrock and the truckstop near Leeming, (cannot remember the name?) as for parking most of the ones I have used like Markham Moor, Colsterworth, Stibbington and a few others I have just turned up, seen the parking bloke and said ‘Snap mate’ got the receipt/ticket, shower voucher ect and that was it,. Never pre booked so can’t say.

I was in a similar position where the boss opened the SNAP account but didnt have a clue about it, I found some places would give you a discount or meal voucher IF you paid the extra quid or two via SNAP. Which is all good because the boss wont know because all hell see online is what hes paying, but should one of your buddies use the same place and not get the voucher then the boss might notice the difference he`s being charged. So make sure you all are singing from the same hymn book if your using the same place(s) regularly