sms transport

hi all, was offered a job with sms just over 3 months ago, asked a few questions on here, and after a bit of thought decided to give it a go, ive got to the end of my third month, and i can honestly say im glad i started for them, now i,d heard all the rumours and what have u, but , the monies decent, and on time, the tackle is spot on, ( including the premiums ) and the work is clean and easy, its 100% legal. ive been weekended out only once in dundee of all places, so far so good, ill keep you all posted, bye for now.

Do they text you your jobs through?

alright ganges boy. do you across the water much? ive seen your motors a fair bit in Holland in the Massvlakte area at Kloosterboers.

Rob K:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: good one rob

garnerlives:

Rob K:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: good one rob

:grimacing: I was wondering when the penny would drop! :stuck_out_tongue:

Is it still good then? Who paid you when they went “pop” the other month?

Still doing Brake Brothers work then Ganges?

i dont care if the wages come out of mickey mouses piggy bank, just as long as they end up in mine, according to rumour, they go bust at least 4 times a week, its all ■■■■■■■■, were as busy as can be , and all legal. next rumour will be started in one weeks time .

ganges boy:
i dont care if the wages come out of mickey mouses piggy bank, just as long as they end up in mine, according to rumour, they go bust at least 4 times a week, its all [zb], were as busy as can be , and all legal. next rumour will be started in one weeks time .

If you haven’t heard a rumour by 12 o’clock, start one :smiley:

Rumour has it they have gone bust, heard it from a few peeps today.

it aint a bloody rumour. but it aint quiet true either.
i work for them an loads of us have had to take the wagons back to the yard and take our kit out and go home. But at the same time some of the wagons are still working. They aint told us anything . It looks like they are downsizing,
As long as i get paid for last month i dont really care, i,ve got another job already anyway.
:laughing:

Have been chatting about this with my ex-boss. He is on the road today and has seen some of SMS heading north. He has also seen a fridge trailer, operated by Quickmission of Sheffield which is signwritten- not written in the dirt but actually signwritten- with “SMS don’t pay their subbies” running around.

pity anybody delivering to norish monday cause there aint nowhere for them to park its full of sms trailers. theres 20 units in the yard as well.
should be interesting friday if we aint been paid. :imp: :smiling_imp:

They had administrators in on thursday and two big security guys on gate yard full of trls and units , heard they took a load of Polish drivers in a minibus to dover and put em on the ferry.

I just hope we get paid on thursday as we were paid monthly and i really need it. They will need more than two bouncers me thinks. :angry:

Johnny aka Little John:
I just hope we get paid on thursday as we were paid monthly and i really need it. They will need more than two bouncers me thinks. :angry:

I see from your other review you started the new job but did you get squared up OK from the last mob.

Saw an SMS Actros in Gloucester today.

Just got a letter from a solicitor stating i have to make a claim to the administrator for my wages . *@N" scum. How can they do that. See three polish registered sms on the way back from belgium today. :angry: :imp:

That is bad, you would of thought that the one thing they would/could or better still should of done is make sure all the workers got their wages?

It wasn’t that long ago i was after a job with them, but i’m glad now i didn’t start working for em, the boss sounds like a proper (zb) not paying the lads,his day will come

Johnny aka Little John:
Just got a letter from a solicitor stating i have to make a claim to the administrator for my wages . *@N" scum. How can they do that. See three polish registered sms on the way back from belgium today. :angry: :imp:

and they say the eastern driver is getting the same wages as the rest of us so makes no difference. ■■■■■■■■!!!. its totally wrong i wish that there was something we could do about it before there are no jobs left for the u.k. international driver.

Finance collection agent just took one of the trucks out of Sparshatts Mercedes to go and collect some trailers from Lympne.