Smokingbann

Whats on with Scottish Smokingbann?

It’s a work place ban on smoking in Scotland.

The rules specifically include a truck and van as a work place. Funnily enough, they specifically exclude company cars from the smoking ban.

Basically, everyone who wants to smoke in the truck they are driving does so. The police have washed their hands of enforcing the ban, but would almost certainly include the fact that the driver was smoking in an incident report, if that proved to be the case (ie, you told them you were smoking in your statement).
So in reality, the only people who are likely to do anything about the ban are council Health and Safety officials, but the only people who are authorised to stop a vehicle on the road are the police and vosa, so it would be a case of your word against theirs.

If i understand right you are in trouble after an Accident if anyone witnesses that you were smoking during driving a Lorry.

but other Question:
If sleeper is separated from Cab like on that Lorries

could you smoke during in sleeper without doing ilegal :question:

Lovlyperson:
If i understand right you are in trouble after an Accident if anyone witnesses that you were smoking during driving a Lorry.

but other Question:
If sleeper is separated from Cab like on that Lorries

could you smoke during in sleeper without doing ilegal :question:

Dont know on that one ,but what I do know is that you dont see many wagons like that in Scotland :laughing: :laughing:

kenworth.com/2100_vir_w900.asp
just buy one
the $ is that low as since long not been
kenworth.com/2400_own_w900.asp

You are also obliged to display a No Smoking sign in your window!! :unamused: :unamused:

as well as having a no smoking sign arent you supposed to have a telephone number that any one who sees you smoking can ring your employer ?
so anyone who hates you can effectively just ring and say i saw … smoking at time date place etc

Yep there is a space for you to write the telephone number. I wrote something along the lines of “Call who you ■■■■■■ like”. :imp: :imp:

pmsl good one tezza :smiley:

our firm has has slapped the stickers up all over the cabs now :cry:
but even as a smoker i can see a good side to this, wether im much off course with it i dont know but i see it like this.
up untill now a truck never counted as a workplace. health and safety laws did not apply to trucks out on the road as they did to the normal workplace.
when trucks have close shaves out on the road there was no need to report it because these near misses were not to do with health and safety and were part of the road traffic act ( and would not be worth reporting).
however if at your depot and a forklift nearly ran you over , you would report this as a near miss and something might get done about. (maybe)

as the truck is now an official workplace , i see that any near misses out on the road can be reported to the bosses who would by law i presume have to carry out reports and risk assessments, etc, etc.

also as a truck is now a workplace should i as a driver be entitled to all the facilities that a normal workplace has :question:
i mean access to a water cooler, toilets, showers (if you do a dirty or hazardous job.) etc. even a canteen would be nice but i would settle for a microwave.

a truck is no longer a truck but a workplace :wink:
maybe the best law introduced to the trucking industry. :bulb:

Got a light anyone

I’m with you smokers. :bulb: There are more important things the dictators,I mean government,should be worried about.

Our company has had a no smoking in the truck policy for years.It goes along with the hazmat rule that dictates no smoking inside or within 25’ of a class 3 hazmat (combustible/flammable).The rule is not enforced so drivers who smoke still smoke in their trucks. :unamused: Surely if there is a reason not to smoke in a truck hauling hazmat is it.

Are they going to have “■■■” cameras. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

there is only one reason trucks are included in the ban and company car drivers are not can you tell which is a company car and which is not :question: trucks are signwritten with company name, 28million unmarked cars, it has nothink to do with h&s its just another stelf tax :question: :imp: