Smoking in your truck

With the risk of maybe incriminating ourselves , how many have or can smoke in their trucks?

I am a spare driver and if I am using your truck for that week , then it should be a smoke free vehicle permanently. How many firms know or even care about that do you think ?

It doesn’t bother me that a vehicle had been smoked in when I get in it but if it was mine and someone had been smoking in it all week while I was off I’d be annoyed : :open_mouth:

I don’t think it damages health to be in a vehicle that has been smoked in but it is disgusting to sift through people’s ash,loose baccy and rizla even if it is their truck for most of the time. I know that’s not a smokers thing it’s a dirty fu … Thing but still is not nice to find when you turn up at 4 am for your first shift in a new wagon :confused:

Last 2 companies i worked for allow smoking in cab and also allow passengers still.

Illegal or not, in my opinion it just shows a lack of respect for your non-smoking workmates, same as it did before the ban. The ban hasn’t made any difference because it’s completely unenforceable.

All companies i’ve worked at since the ban came in, have had the cabs clearly stickered with the no smoking sign, yet all have had drivers who completely ignore it.

Just wish they would come up with some sort of ban for not washing. So the days of having to climb into another fat man’s sweaty stink might be over.

I think it’s incredibly rude (small exception if your driving it 99.9r% of the time and you clean it well for the next chap)
It really doesn’t take much to get out to have a ciggy and if you can’t go 4 and a half hours it’s probably time you quit.

WildGoose:
Illegal or not, in my opinion it just shows a lack of respect for your non-smoking workmates, same as it did before the ban. The ban hasn’t made any difference because it’s completely unenforceable.

All companies i’ve worked at since the ban came in, have had the cabs clearly stickered with the no smoking sign, yet all have had drivers who completely ignore it.

Just wish they would come up with some sort of ban for not washing. So the days of having to climb into another fat man’s sweaty stink might be over.

Well said, morbidly obese and smelly and the stink of stale smoke, nothing worse.

I’ve shared a truck with a smoker and he never smoked in it and I’ve shared a truck with another smoker and he did smoke in it, it’s all down to the person.

At my old company they would use an ex employee to come in on the odd occasion and do a trunk run, this bloke is nearly 70 and a complete waster, obviously been in the game all his life and now is just bored and waiting to die, he just doesn’t care about anything, he ambles across the yard, he walks up to the cabinet where all the keys are kept, chooses what ever truck he likes, doesn’t where gloves, spills sugary coffee everywhere and rolls about 10 ■■■■ and somehow manages to poor baccy everywhere. Oh and he hit a bridge as well the other week. So it’s not a smokers thing it’s a people thing.

I’m surprised I don’t smoke to be honest, all of my mates smoked throughout school and most them do now, and a bird I’m seeing at the moment smokes as well. Never really saw the fascination with it.

10-08:
It really doesn’t take much to get out to have a ciggy and if you can’t go 4 and a half hours it’s probably time you quit.

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Smiths brought a smoking ban in gradually. Free for all when I started, then no smoking in non smokers cabs, then no smoking in spares and then the smoking ban kicked in.
Good job really. Fagnolia is not the nicest interior colour.

What about these new electronic type ■■■■?

i had a ■■■ in my gob when i put the no smoking sticker in.
no one else drives my lorry, so it dosn’t matter.
it makes me chuckle when i see some drivers in the services having a smoke outside of the cab, then getting back in.
they look like complete pricks, yes sir, no sir, would you like a go on the wife sir.

Our trucks are all stickerd up as regulations demand but no one takes any notice :open_mouth:
Like I said I respect the fact that the driver has the truck most of the time but last week I cleaned more trucks than the workshop aprentice, filled up even more and one truck I had to ad blue" oil, water and then diesel it up after taking out two bags of sweet wrappers and coffe cups out of the cab ! even the back was a mess with old cardboard , empty pallets and polystyrene everty where , not a good look when you open the curtains at the customers amd they see that mess inside, were sealed so we cant see until hey do ! It stunk of smoke and the company know nothing about it, didn’t tell them because I don’t want to get anyone in trouble and I don’t personally know who drives this wagon but it’s a ■■■■ take of epic proportions.

Phew freelance trucking !!! :smiley: good job it pays ok !

once went in a guys truck that had those 4 battray operated spray air freshners dotted around the cab, after a couple of hours i had a splitting headache, whilst it did smell nice it was overpowering and off putting.

limeyphil:

it makes me chuckle when i see some drivers in the services having a smoke outside of the cab, then getting back in.
they look like complete pricks, yes sir, no sir, would you like a go on the wife sir.

:open_mouth: :blush: :imp:

That must be me then, I’m a smoker but I hate working in a ■■■■ hole which the cab soon becomes when it’s smoked in. as for a go on the wife, saves me a job :laughing: .

Im a smoker but i dont try and inflict on other people and would pull up for a fix, but what country are we living in ? free or communist ? theres allways some prick with the rule book or works for some establishment thinking of ways to make your day more miserable…the smoking ban was never thought through just do as you are told ! no halfway house…its cost more jobs more pubs and restaraunts to shut down putting 100’s if not thousands of people on the dole , then they moan about the ammount of people claiming benefits…if it wasnt for tax on ■■■■…baccy… there wouldnt be an NHS either.

MADBAZ:

limeyphil:

:open_mouth: :blush: :imp:

That must be me then, I’m a smoker but I hate working in a [zb] hole which the cab soon becomes when it’s smoked in. as for a go on the wife, saves me a job :laughing: .

and me…youll see me in watford gap in the space directly opposite the exit from the pumps.i park here so that i dont disturb the night out men…see how considerate i am :sunglasses:
p.s. i don`t smoke in my car either

i smoke i any truck iv worked for and its not that i being inconsidereate as if i get in a nice clean truck it gets left and smelling nice and clean when i get out. i have shared trucks 4 on 4 off in past with none smokers and not once have the complained to me as alway left in nice clean state for them and some havent had a leg to stand on state they have left truck for me to clean before i even start shift.

i prefer tramping and not sharing truck which i do now and saves any hassle about this and always sparkling inside with ambi pure auto air freshner on go and window down when not raining as being a smoker yet i hate the smell lol

rather a little smoke smell in a truck that is clean and livible than getting into a dirty dusty stinking of sweat and other things in cab from dirty drivers

What a load of ole women moaning about a bit of ■■■ ash etc, the fumes your motor put out are more dangerous to the general public than a wee smell in the cab is to you. :open_mouth:
Our working environment is exempt from the ‘no smoking’ law but the owner sent me a txt msg to tell me that he wanted the ship a smoke free zone, I told him ■■■■■■■■ and next time he came to the ship I smoked constantly and made mesen ill and he never said a word. But then the next time I went on leave he said he never wanted me back, never did fathom out why :blush:
but done me a favour as I fell into a better paying job as a result with one of his competitors.