Smoking in Company Vehicles

I wonder if any of the smokers out there could explain to me why, even though there are no smoking stickers in the trucks, even though your bosses tell you not to smoke in the trucks and even though it is illegal to smoke in the trucks. Why do people still do it and leave ash and smoke in the trucks for the next guy to endure.
Are they totally stupid and dont understand the law or is they are so selfish and just dont give a toss about anyone else as long as they get their deadly fix? I cant understand it, anyone care to enlighten me?

Don’t really have that problem as I have my own motor. If I’m given a spare one that stinks of ■■■■, I refuse it and if someone smokes in my motor when I’m off I hunt them down

I’ve shared a truck with the same night man for nearly 6mths, a week or 2 back I was having a chat with him at work and that’s the 1st time I found out that he smokes.

He smokes in the wagon (trunk from Manchester to Glasgow and back - sometimes with a via of Edinburgh thrown in) and I didn’t even know he smoked, never mind that he smoked in the truck.

Clearly not an issue, if I didn’t know, he’s keeping it clean enough that I don’t care :slight_smile:

you have the “old school” drivers who think it is there home so they will do what they like the hard men of trucking!! they do not give a toss about smoking in cabs when most of them cannot be arsed to wash how do you expect them to abide by the rules of not smoking … this subject has been done to its death but as said when you have the tramps who do not wash and leave sweat odurs in the truck and sticky coffee stain is just as bad as ash!

If you smoke in the truck with the window open and spray nuetradol after yourself and clean the stray ash, I don’t see the problem.

It’s the blokes who leave the window shut, use the ashtray & don’t mop the ash up after themselves that id have a problem with.

Excuse the cynicism but, the country, and the rest of the world are going to hell in a handcart, workers are being paid peanuts, the government corporations and bankers are robbing everyone blind, some people are having their houses’ repossessed, children are starving, need I go on? And some people are moaning about someone smoking in a cab. ffs get your priorities right. BTW I am a non-smoker.

Silver_Surfer:
If you smoke in the truck with the window open and spray nuetradol after yourself and clean the stray ash, I don’t see the problem.

I wasn’t going to respond on this thread as it has been done to death that much it’s getting boring now, and I’ve bored the arses off you far too bloody often now (sorry! :blush: ) about my two pet hates ie [zb]s who smoke in MY cab if I’m off, and being expected to o/night park in a sh.hole lay by (don’t anybody start a thread about smoking in other bloke’s cabs while o/n parked in a lay by ffs, I couldn’t handle it :laughing:)
So this was the post that made me bite :unamused: , so here goes. Look mate YOU are a smoker YOU won’t smell it, so YOU can’t see a problem, a whinging (beat you to it :wink: ) non smoker like me CAN smell it for [ZB]ING days after! while in my bunk/on my hands off the wheel/ on my clothes/ on my curtains when driving/etc/etc/etc!!! and it does my [ZB] swede in :smiling_imp: , …so mate,window open with nutradol, fabreze or a [zb]ing flamethrower it DOESN’T work end of, so I DO see a problem!!!
.Breathe out…ahhhhhh…and…relax. Feel better now :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:
It just needs Truckyboy to come on now about tearing people’s frilly curtains down and blowing smoke round their cabs for badness, to push me over the edge :laughing:

Worst thing is the smell is on the steering wheel then it gets on your hands and your eating your pieces and your hands are humming of smoke :cry:

I bet in 10 or so years you wont be able to buy a cigarette in this country anyway thats the way its going, smoking now has a bit of a stigma where as it used to be very much the norm.

Solly:
Excuse the cynicism but, the country, and the rest of the world are going to hell in a handcart, workers are being paid peanuts, the government corporations and bankers are robbing everyone blind, some people are having their houses’ repossessed, children are starving, need I go on? And some people are moaning about someone smoking in a cab. ffs get your priorities right. BTW I am a non-smoker.

houses are getting repo’d because they took out 125% on the houses etc now cant afford repayments.

as for starving children if the governments didnt supply arms kids wouldnt starve [zb] charity begins at home shoot all smokers cheap and less burden on the nhs shoot fat people whilst there

above is being sarcastic)

Smokers should be euthanised and put out of their misery. (Joking) Just don’t do it in a truck I class as home and anywhere near me.

Ron59:
I wonder if any of the smokers out there could explain to me why, even though there are no smoking stickers in the trucks, even though your bosses tell you not to smoke in the trucks and even though it is illegal to smoke in the trucks. Why do people still do it and leave ash and smoke in the trucks for the next guy to endure.
Are they totally stupid and dont understand the law or is they are so selfish and just dont give a toss about anyone else as long as they get their deadly fix? I cant understand it, anyone care to enlighten me?

the only explanation i can offer is,that im addicted to nicotine and as such,the urge to smoke far outweighs the fear of any repercussions i might face in doing so. btw..i do nights out and am the only one who drives my truck(unless im off)…when i was doing days only,i did`nt smoke in the cab.

merc0447:
Worst thing is the smell is on the steering wheel then it gets on your hands and your eating your pieces and your hands are humming of smoke :cry:

i once refused to drive a truck because the previous driver had eaten fish and chips in it :smiling_imp: you probably wont notice the smell,but to someone like me who hates fish…the smell is noticeable for days.
tuna sandwiches are the same…as soon as i open the door,the reek hits me,and i know if i drive that truck i will be ill in a short while.

:wink:

I’m a none-smoker, but I defend smokers.

I don’t think this industry, with it’s trackers and to the minute planning is suited for ‘stopping for a ciggy’ every 20 mins or whatever, plus if you take any addict away from their fix, their mind is altered. Now, put that addict in need of a fix in charge of 40 tonnes on Britains roads, and I’m sure the consequences of that are MUCH worse than someone having a ciggy in a cab.

Seriously, until a few years ago, I’d go and eat in a pub or restaurant where other people were smoking, I’d drink in a pub where other people were smoking, I don’t stop mates smoking in my car or my house and they don’t stop me having a beer in theirs.

I think it’s very OTT the way that smokers are treated these days and the fact that so many jump on the bandwagon just aids the government in controlling us in everything we do.

The smoking ban put a lot of people out of work, shut a lot of pubs down, reduced revenue to the government by god knows how much due to people quitting etc, it was an ill thought out and even worse excecuted ■■■■ up of huge proportions.

and another thing…pet hairs
why do some people turn up to work wearing the contents of the dogs/cats bed :imp: you might only think its a few dog hairs...but to someone like me who is highly allergic to animal fur,the consequences could be life threatening. as soon as i open the door,i can detect the presence of pet hair,because my airways narrow and i find it difficult to breathe...theres no way i could ever take that truck out,because i know i`ll be ill in a short while.

commonrail:
why do some people turn up to work wearing the contents of the dogs/cats bed :imp: you might only think its a few dog hairs...but to someone like me who is highly allergic to animal fur,the consequences could be life threatening. as soon as i open the door,i can detect the presence of pet hair,because my airways narrow and i find it difficult to breathe...theres no way i could ever take that truck out,because i know i`ll be ill in a short while.

I see the wink, hoping it’s a joke, otherwise you need to be like Michael Jackson or Howard Hughes and not leave the house without some sort of filter over your mouth / nose.

waynedl:
The smoking ban put a lot of people out of work, shut a lot of pubs down

apparently,the smoking ban was going to be the saviour of our pubs…they would be packed to the rafters with non smokers,enjoying their smoke free environment. :laughing: :unamused:
never happened did it :question:

waynedl:

commonrail:

I see the wink, hoping it’s a joke, otherwise you need to be like Michael Jackson or Howard Hughes and not leave the house without some sort of filter over your mouth / nose.

yes,it`s a joke wayne…i have a dog

im just trying to make the point that as humans(pack animals),we all have to endure aspects of each others lifestyles,that we may not find appealing. and yes..i know its against the law,but so is exeeding 40mph on a single carriageway road,but i don`t see many drivers taking notice of that law

More concerned with drivers coming out of a toilet without washing their hands, with bum-jam filth being spread around the cab etc :smiling_imp:

i dont mind a driver smokeing a tab in my truck when im off as long as he leaves the window down,does’nt leave ash all over the cab and makes sure it does’nt smell like an ashtray when i come back. i once got back in my truck after 2 week off at xmas and ash was all over the dash,seat, and bed,i went ape ■■■■ and told our office staff if i came back to the cab looking like that i would be on the phone to enviromental health informing them i work for a company who does’nt enforce the smoking ban. i also hate tramps who have been in you’re truck and just leave it like a dump with rubbish all over,mud all over the floor,dash not cleaned and the truck not washed for when you get back. we’ve even had dirty ■■■■■ leave bottles of ■■■■ in the cab and a couple of times drivers have returned to work to find ■■■■ bottles in their fridge! if that ever happend to me i’d find out who had been useing it and use him as a punch bag all over our yard. i always leave the truck in a fit state for drivers to use when im off,i expect the same in return.

Rooster:
More concerned with drivers coming out of a toilet without washing their hands, with bum-jam filth being spread around the cab etc :smiling_imp:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: classic :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: