BAN ,which is in force in"" Belgium “”, they are now enforceing this rule
ON ALL CONCERNED ,and not just their own lorry drivers, so be
warned and if you do smoke be careful as you will have to pay a
fine when they catch you,

Pete,

Who are the “ALL CONCERNED” please.

Thanks

Don

i best start taking extra euro,s with me then.

flippin eedjits

Upon crossing the Belgian border the 1st thing that I now do is light up a ■■■ :laughing: .

I am just waiting for them to try and fine and me because the case will be taken to the highest European courts.

P.S. won’t cost me a penny as I am insured for legal costs :sunglasses:

In theory this is also the case in Spain. As from Jan 1st we have had a ban on smoking in the workplace which would include any vehicle that you were employed to drive. However this is Spain and we have lots and lots of laws that have been forced on us by Brussels that are simply ignored and this is one of them - though if you failed the ‘attitude test’ it’s another thing they could pull you for if they wanted.

But be warned! They are getting really hot on drink-driving and you will find controls at all times of the day and night plus a test is mandatory if you are involved in any kind of an incident. The limit as a professional driver is 0.1 - which is equal to not very much - so be careful about that.

In the case of Spain the cabin of a lorry has been declared as being exempt from the ban.

I went into Spain three days after this smoking ban started. I went into the bar I usually use at Venta Del Aire and looked in amazement at all the No Smoking signs that were half heartedly stuck up. Within days (once the workforce was back at work properly) the ban was being completely ignored and now I notice they provide ’ No Smoking Areas’. Just how it should be. Only place I have been told off for smoking at the counter is at Chuchena Services and that was only cos there was a coachload of elderly women in lol

it is illegal in this country for bus/coach drivers to smoke at the wheel regardless of passengers,
i never unstood we truck drivers could smoke
ps i`m a non smoker anyway :wink:
jon

Verily I say unto you that the Good People of Belgium would be better employed in rooting out the sins of CHOCOLATE and PAEDOPHILIA before picking on those miserable unfortunates who are addicted to the Devil’s weed.

In the case of Spain the cabin of a lorry has been declared as being exempt from the ban.

Oye Vascoingles ( ó inglés ) no estoy seguro de este. Puede ser que su aplicación se variar de CA á CA porque en Cataluña 'els porcs’ estan multando conductores cada dia.

And Christ on a Bike. Wrong board surely??

David

David officialemante no se pueden multar, pero como Cataluña es una communidad autonomo es puede ser que se han adaptado el ley un poquito.

¡Tienes razon! Y los catalanes son las catalanes :wink:

David

David Miller:
¡Tienes razon! Y los catalanes son las catalanes :wink:

David

Alemanes Ibericos :sunglasses:

David Miller Its funny,but only Vascoingles & the Iberian VAG will understand the last couple of postings… :laughing:

H: You are right. I apologise for slipping into the vernacular - as they say. No more :wink:

Don Vasco - un abrazo!

David

Its true what you say about smoking ban in Belguim, but you can however apply for a smoking permit, I work for a Danish company, and we have to have a smoking permit from the company in the lorry at all times allowing us to smoke in belguim so its legal and something the company apply for,
I would like to add this is my first time trucking outside of Denmark,where we travel 2man team to germany ,holland ,belguim, france.
starting this sunday 2100 hrs going to osnabruck first then to herstal and told underways where to go next, I am excited but a little bit butterflys in stomach,
so any problems down that way let us know brit pete cheers

yes Roy have heard about that as well, you neeed
a letter,from your firm stateing that,you are allowed
to smoke,in your vehicle,also the letter will have to be
in at least FRENCH; OR FLEMISCH; AS WELL
knowing the belgians, perhaps ROBBIES DAD
could post here with better information as his firm is in
Belgium,AS for germany take a look back through this
site and read all the posts concerning GERMANY;
ALSO go to the useful links site there are quite a few
posts there to good sites with info about germany,
plus proberly right at the beginning a site about
BFBS which is the british forces radio/tv site
english DJ;s AND NEWS; if YOU HAVE ANY
questions just post them as some one will help
you out with a answer,

Not a workplace ban (as far as I know) but here in France a ‘public place’ ban from next Feb I think.
However, bars and restaurants will have a derogation for a year :unamused: :open_mouth: :laughing:
Typically French. It only applies to buses trains and shops, where it is already banned anyway.
Bit like dogs then really :open_mouth: .

I’m thinking of declaring my house a public place, except I don’t think even the law would stop her. Even the dogs have a smoker’s cough now :smiling_imp: .

so when I run over to belgium Monday, I ain’t allowed to smoke in me truck■■? Is that right?