smoking and driving

surely holding a ■■■ in your hand is just as dangerous as a mobile phone or a can of juice or a map?when will someone be prosocuted for this?I have heard of people being done for holding a can of juice whilst driving

shouldnt be smoking in your cabs anymore its classed as a workplace.

i always wonder about cb’s cos thats a handheld device.

I thought that when u are on the phone u are concentrating on talking and listening to the person on the other end. drinking a can of juice aint gonna take much concentration is it? thats why i dont understand why handsfree kits are legal as you are still concentrating on talking to the other person which is still dangerous. you are still in control of the vehicle with one hand how else are you meant to change gear, put lights on etc

jessicas dad:
shouldnt be smoking in your cabs anymore its classed as a workplace.

i always wonder about cb’s cos thats a handheld device.

Do people smoke in the cab when driving? even though it’s banned.

If one had a crash and it was proved you were smoking in the workplace, how would that pan out?

I always wondered about cb’s

fmtrucker:
surely holding a ■■■ in your hand is just as dangerous as a mobile phone or a can of juice or a map?when will someone be prosocuted for this?I have heard of people being done for holding a can of juice whilst driving

people have been ‘done’ for it. Its generally dealt with by way of a fixed penalty.
I have heard (so i can’t guarante its accuracy) that using a gear lever is a distraction, hence the shift (pardon the pun) to automatic gearboxes.

chippy:

Unbeliavably there are still some chancers out there who would try it on.

chippy:
If one had a crash and it was proved you were smoking in the workplace, how would that pan out?

I think they measure the nicotine content in the blood and if its recent then they’re bang to rights.

cbs are legal to use as they are a 2way radio

http://www.rospa.com/RoadSafety/advice/driving/mobile_phones.htm

I was told using a CB whilst driving is LEGAL although if your seen by POLICE and if they deem its affecting your driving then they can charge you… I suppose it be one of them DODGY cases…

Mike-C:

chippy:

I would of thought most drivers who smoke would do so no matter about the ban.

chippy:

I think they measure the nicotine content in the blood and if its recent then they’re bang to rights.

Is there such a machine?

i’ll be honest and say i do still smoke in my cab,

Oh FFS, get a life.

What is wrong with people today? Can’t do this, can’t do that, need a Hi-vis to do that, a hard hat to go here, steel toe caps to go there. :open_mouth:

Shocking, ‘that drivers not safe he is smoking’ what a load of bollox, what about picking your nose or scratching your arse, I suppose that’s next on the list :unamused:

You people should ■■■■ off back to your sad little lives & start writing strong letters to the Editor of the Guardian.

Sorry Mike C, but I probably need to go back & get stronger pills, my ■■■■■■■■ tolerance has gone back to it’s old level :imp:

chippy:

Mike-C:

chippy:

I would of thought most drivers who smoke would do so no matter about the ban.

chippy:

Is there such a machine?

:unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

class2 hiab:
i’ll be honest and say i do still smoke in my cab,

so do i, and know one is going to stop me

newmercman:
Oh FFS, get a life.

What is wrong with people today? Can’t do this, can’t do that, need a Hi-vis to do that, a hard hat to go here, steel toe caps to go there. :open_mouth:

Shocking, ‘that drivers not safe he is smoking’ what a load of bollox, what about picking your nose or scratching your arse, I suppose that’s next on the list :unamused:

You people should [zb] off back to your sad little lives & start writing strong letters to the Editor of the Guardian.

Sorry Mike C, but I probably need to go back & get stronger pills, my [zb] tolerance has gone back to it’s old level :imp:

Hey, this is getting to become uncomfortably familiar !! I agree with all you say and how you feel. I’ve just learn’t not to display it :smiley:

i smoke 20 a day,minimum !!

Still havent got the front wheels balanced , the amount of baccy that ends up
on the floor whilst trying to roll one is shocking - total waste!!
:laughing:

cbs are legal to use as they are a 2way radio

not quite as clear as this sounds.
Two way radios are permitted on certain frequencies only.
Can’t remember just which frequencies or wether this includes CB’s or not.
HOWEVER, you can be prosecuted for not being in proper control of the vehicle if you are caught using one.

As for the danger to control of vehicle whilst smoking, unless you knock the end off the cig down your crotch…I don’t see any genuine hazard.
Takes less time to light than tuning radio or finding and loading CD.
Probably less concentration involved than unwrapping a sweet.

I’d imagine 100% of people on the roads do something would could be described as a dangerous activity whislt driving at some point in their journey, like changing the radio station.

I had this argument with someone before, about having a soft drink whilst driving, or having a ■■■. I said well on long journeys taking a swig from a can or having a ■■■ helps me be comfortable and relaxed whilst behind the wheel, making me more content and more concentrating on the road.

If i was driving along dieing for a drink or desperate for a ■■■ i’d get ratty and ■■■■■■ my concentration would be on the fact i couldnt do these things.

Road safety has been hijacked by idiots hell bent on eventually making the act of driving itself an offence.

newmercman:
Oh FFS, get a life.

You people should [zb] off back to your sad little lives & start writing strong letters to the Editor of the Guardian.

Sorry Mike C, but I probably need to go back & get stronger pills, my [zb] tolerance has gone back to it’s old level :imp:

thankyou!!!
i thought it was just me for a mo.
i agree, with the phone business, costs lives.
as for ■■■■, i’m not so sure.
managed too do 15 years of this lark, without having a ■■■ related crash, so i’ll take my chances for now.

so the cb, is " technically" legal, but smoking is not, what a load of old tosh.
surely a cb has too be far more distracting?
what next, illegal too check your mirrors, because it distracts you of your forward vision and concentration.
this poxy country has gone crazy with some of its rules and regulations.

blimey, next u’ll be telling me, politicians are honest, and we should take financial advice from bankers.

bloody hell, whty not combine the two, and 1 could take 2 grand out of your wages, lend it too his mate the banker, too lend too yet another banker, too give back too you, in the form of a loan, and charge you interest for the honour of borrowing your own money :unamused:

good job we live in “great” britain, where this sort of underhand dealing, wouldn’t be allowed.

oh, it has.
oops :smiley:

Kenny1975:
I’d imagine 100% of people on the roads do something would could be described as a dangerous activity whislt driving at some point in their journey, like changing the radio station.

yeh old people to dangerous stuff on the roads… drive on them they have got slow reactions cant see but you dont see them getting banned

Kenny1975:
Road safety has been hijacked by idiots hell bent on eventually making the act of driving itself an offence.

So very true.