Smokey Bear - Warning West Yorks

It looks our local boys in blue have a new unmarked patrol car which they are using on the M62/M1 - it is a 56 reg dark blue Volvo V70 estate - keep your eyes peeled!

I see it quite often as I spend most of my time around that area and it gets well used

this weeks auto express
quote- COPS EVO CLOSES NET ON JOYRIDERS
delighted south wales cops have been singing the praisesof there latest patrol vehicle-a mitsubishi lancer evolution1x .
officers say the sporty car is having a major effect on joy riders and crooks who would previosly tried to out run them.now most look in there rear view mirror and pull over,realising they have no chance of escaping.
its a fantastic car thats helped us catch a lot of criminals,explained sgt paul standing, the mitsubishi is not on normal patrol duty-we just use it only when appropiate.
ive never seen myself or wanted to be a cop but if thats what they do now blast around in evos i think i could be persuaded

Happens a lot in France too, The Gendarmes have been spoilt with Subaru Impreza in most departments

i read in nuts or zoo cant remember which but it was a topic on cop cars and they said germany have a lambo for catching boy racers on the autobahn

Humberside Police have 2 marked scoobies which work in tandam with 2 marked 5 Series BMW’s. The BMW’s have had the back seat taken out and converted to carry a dog in there. They also have a black unmarked scooby. Easy to spot it’s the one with lots of aerials.

Fozzie, in Germany they will use the Helicoptor,s
TO CATCH the really bad ones along with their
tuned -up cars,not seen a lambo here but try italy
for a police ferrari also in Florida, usa, they have
one as well,

When I lived in farnham surrey, years ago, the police had a couple of Porsche 911’s, all marked up too.

smoker:
When I lived in farnham surrey, years ago, the police had a couple of Porsche 911’s, all marked up too.

now we know what he smokes! only joking :wink: never heard of them though

now we know what he smokes! only joking :wink: never heard of them though

:laughing: :sunglasses:
I don’t think they were based in farnham, but its a short dash from the M3.

theres a silver scooby that operates on the a19. you cant miss it its got a massive spoiler on the back of it so you can read the pop up plate in the back window underneth it.

lincs and essex have also got scoobys marked up but the only time ive seen them is on anpr duty :open_mouth:

jon

if you run 100% legal…you have no fears…whether marked or un-marked…and always remember…running illegal only benefits the boss…not the driver…
have a nice day