Smith of Maddiston

Hi All
I am constantly looking for photos of the Smiths fleet and hope one day that somebody out there has a photograph of my late fathers vehicle, a 1967 Guy big J registration number OWG27G Fleet number TD530, can anybody out there help?

PMB

hi guys
my dad (Tommy Doyle) goes on line tommorow so this should breath some life into this thread dont be afraid to say hello if you know him from the london rd depot 1968 until 1980
cheers

ND888 BIGJ:
hi guys
my dad (Tommy Doyle) goes on line tommorow so this should breath some life into this thread dont be afraid to say hello if you know him from the london rd depot 1968 until 1980
cheers

Look forward to seeing him on here.Hope he has some Big J pics with the 8LXB.
Cheers Dave.

PMB:
Hi All
I am constantly looking for photos of the Smiths fleet and hope one day that somebody out there has a photograph of my late fathers vehicle, a 1967 Guy big J registration number OWG27G Fleet number TD530, can anybody out there help?

PMB

PMB,

TD was a Stockton Depot vehicle,I was based at Manchester,or OD,sorry I didnt know your Dad,nor do I have any pictures of his Guy.

Take it easy,

David :smiley:

Dave the Renegade:

ND888 BIGJ:
hi guys
cheers

Cheers Dave.

Really hope he has some pics of the beast Dave, a few will be jumping up and down and shouting…ROCK ON TOMMY :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

altitude:

Dave the Renegade:

ND888 BIGJ:
hi guys
cheers

Cheers Dave.

Really hope he has some pics of the beast Dave, a few will be jumping up and down and shouting…ROCK ON TOMMY :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Apparently this week is national pie week,if some photo’s of a 240 Percy powered Guy appear,there would be a few here eating the proverbial “humble pie”!!!

Take it easy,

David

5thwheel:

altitude:

Dave the Renegade:

ND888 BIGJ:
hi guys
cheers

Cheers Dave.

Apparently this week is national pie week,if some photo’s of a 240 Percy powered Guy appear,there would be a few here eating the proverbial “humble pie”!!!
Will look forward to that :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Take it easy,

David

here is apainting i took from a calender calledon the move AEC Mk111 mamouth major

ND888 BIGJ:
here is apainting i took from a calender calledon the move AEC Mk111 mamouth major

That is a cracking painting full of nostalgia ND.It captures the times and era of those motors.
Cheers Dave…

cheers dave
going up to me dads tommorow and wil get him to post som reg and fleet numbers.

he is just finding his way around his new laptop at the moment so his 7yr old grand daughter will help him and me of coarse how to work it lol

ND888 BIGJ:
cheers dave
going up to me dads tommorow and wil get him to post som reg and fleet numbers.

he is just finding his way around his new laptop at the moment so his 7yr old grand daughter will help him and me of coarse how to work it lol

Will look forward to hearing more of your dads memories on the forum ND.I have several of Alan Spilletts old calenders,but I don’t want to cut them up.Will see if I can scan them without cutting them.
Cheers Dave.

Having a conversation this morning with an old wagon driving pal about the good old days and it appears that Bob Kennedy who I believe was a driver/ Shop Steward at the Maddiston
depot in the 60s passed away a few weeks ago, he was a work mate of ours.
R.I.P Bob.

Jakdaw:
Having a conversation this morning with an old wagon driving pal about the good old days and it appears that Bob Kennedy who I believe was a driver/ Shop Steward at the Maddiston
depot in the 60s passed away a few weeks ago, he was a work mate of ours.
R.I.P Bob.

A bit late reading your post Jakdaw.Condolences to Bob’s family RIP.
Dave.

R.I.P.Bob,no queues where you have gone.

Condolences to his family

Regards,

David

Ex Smith of Maddiston,Manchester driver

I have been researching this company for several years now, and have lots of information and photos pertaining to it.

I am always keen to add more photos to my collection, and wondered if anyone out there who used to work for Smiths has any photos that they would be willing to share with me?

My e-mail address is

paulmbruce@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance

PMB:
I have been researching this company for several years now, and have lots of information and photos pertaining to it.

I am always keen to add more photos to my collection, and wondered if anyone out there who used to work for Smiths has any photos that they would be willing to share with me?

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=53718

Try this link

PMB:

My e-mail address is

paulmbruce@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance

Have you any Reg.nos /Fleet nos.or information on SOM Guy Big Js fitted with the Gardner 8LXB engine ? If you have can you please put them on the thread as it will make a lot of old lads very happy and stop them from smashing into one another with their Zimmers !!Bewick.

Bewick:

PMB:

My e-mail address is

paulmbruce@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance

Have you any Reg.nos /Fleet nos.or information on SOM Guy Big Js fitted with the Gardner 8LXB engine ? If you have can you please put them on the thread as it will make a lot of old lads very happy and stop them from smashing into one another with their Zimmers !!Bewick.

Hi All
I know of 2 x 240 gardner big js

One was based at stockton depot fleet number TD858, the other was Maddiston based fleet number MD910 reg OWG 352M

Regards

Paul Bruce

PMB:

Bewick:

PMB:

My e-mail address is

paulmbruce@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance

Paul,

As an ex SoM Manchester driver,Bewick doubts that a 240 Guy ever existed,no matter that plenty of others have confirmed they existed[I drove one]without a picture,he is a very sceptical,some say sad, man!!

So anyone out there in the ethernet,lets have a picture to please an old man called Bewick!!

Hi All

One was based at stockton depot fleet number TD858, the other was Maddiston based fleet number MD910 reg OWG 352M

Regards

Paul Bruce

5thwheel:

PMB:

Bewick:

PMB:

My e-mail address is

paulmbruce@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance

Paul,

As an ex SoM Manchester driver,Bewick doubts that a 240 Guy ever existed,no matter that plenty of others have confirmed they existed[I drove one]without a picture,he is a very sceptical,some say sad, man!!

So anyone out there in the ethernet,lets have a picture to please an old man called Bewick!!

Hi All

Regards

Paul Bruce

Hiya Paul everyone talks about them(8LXBs) and there have been plenty of ■■■■■■■ Big Js on the thread but no photographic evidenceof the 8LXBs (similar situation as the Yeti in the Himalayas) who knows an SOM 8LXB driven by a Yeti might be sighted on Shap summit any day !! ( Oh sorry it was a Maddiston night man)Bewick.