Smelly Wagon

thats me wen i worked there just off to collect some smelly [zb]

If the auto-censor catches a word, then please don’t use stars to dodge the censor. (Forum Rule #3) dd

You had to load it as well by the look of it :open_mouth: fair play to you mate, I couldn’t do that job for a bloody pension. Pass the spew bucket. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i bet you cab blood stinks inside :neutral_face:

It’s not a bad job and you get used to the smell. The trailers are sealed as good as can be and any that are leaking is purely down to the driver either not securing the load correctly or not reporting a faulty trailer. Tacho exempt too :wink:

Self employed HGV1 Driver West Yorkshire

air freshners…josh sticks…floral disinfectant…tried em all, smell wins every time!!!

bugcos:

shuttlespanker:

Chopsticks:
Who was it that posted those pics of the dead rotting animals they were carrying a while back? I could smell them through my screen!

bugcos, it nearly made me hurl :blush: :blush: :blush:

LOL would that be these■■?

ah another delivery for ginsters :slight_smile:

MolePower:
ah another delivery for ginsters :slight_smile:

That is correct, the rest you have already eaten, licked a stamp or washed your face with.

And my missus is disgusted by black pudding :laughing:

Today’s load pigs guts and hair.

Lovely smell

have just remembered yrs back a wildriggs /racks (penrith pong) had stopped hard on way in to factory ,the load burst through front sheet went right over cab onto rd … saw a picture of it not good!! , am certain they got the boys from the factory to clean up as council refused…

JIMBO47:
have just remembered yrs back a wildriggs /racks (penrith pong) had stopped hard on way in to factory ,the load burst through front sheet went right over cab onto rd … saw a picture of it not good!! , am certain they got the boys from the factory to clean up as council refused…

Some of the members here will remember Stapleford Abbotts. Stannards and Bill Golding tankers.

GS Overland certainly will, he worked in the kett yard if I remember correctly :neutral_face:

JIMBO47:

Happens frequently to be honest although not to me “touch wood”. Most places now have a 24h incident team armed with marigolds and shovels.

JIMBO47:

A few years ago i was training a driver for adr fuel tanker work, loading derv from n/tees to Racks i said you drive up i will drive back, clever boy said no i dont need training to drive, just loading and tipping of the tank,on getting to Racks i sent him in the factory to book in,when he came out he was in a shocking state for the rest of the day.vic.

NOT forgetting the railway bridge at the racks ,always getting hit and sandstone landing on railway …not forgetting the smell.
i used to go in (dad drove a livestock truck for smiths of lockerbie) when the slaughterhouse was open in the 60s they used to load lambs out on railcars.
used to live not far from there before going to canada.

Hi all,
this thread reminds me of the time I took a load of cleaning chemicals to a rendering plant at Skellingthorpe,lincs.One of the guys said come and see what came in yesterday,and there inside waiting to be boiled down is a fin whale that was washed up dead on the coast.He said they had to split it open to stop it exploding.Bloody thing was massive!