Smelly drivers.

It has been mentioned a few times,i think it is down to the food,as some countries,and their drivers,eat out of the side lockers on the trailers,and do cook up some good food,and they will offer some to you,if you look in amazement,and the nice odours of the food and its aroma,as you pass by the camion cuisine.
Garlic and onions have alicin properties,which are good for the immune system,they eat a lot of it,and it will be sweated out of the pores,and under arm area,so hence the body odour,that some folks say about on the freight train.Olives,and a lot of virgin oil,is used for cooking too.Alcholol could be another reason,remember the MRS driver,he was in the back of the police car,and the coppper could smell the booze from his skin pores,then they found the opened cans in his cab.
Washing like badgers in the sinks is not as good as a shower,most are free if you look,at some load points.

well im shure its even better to carry your own solar shower these have been available for a number of yrs now . and i just got a bargain from Netto for £4.00 and the solar bag hold a lot of water more than enough i looked at them last yr in Argoa at £12.00 but was out off stock . all you do is fill the bag with water leave it out on a flat surface in the sun (if there is any sun lol) and it get hot great if your on a night out and not parking in services … :laughing: you can leave it out over night and if your not on a early start will be hot by about 8am takes about 2 hrs to get hot but is warm after 1hr . tried mine yesterday workrd fine .

The French complain of the British smelling of Custard

I would say toby that the smelliest are usually from a certain area of europe but that would only upset certain members of the forum but whenever i’m queueing for a shower in a french routier there’s never anybody waiting from flipflopistan :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
it might be the food but it’s also called personal hygiene which they don’t seem to worry about :unamused:

Unfortunately its very often Brit drivers who are the gungiest - Ive seen loads on the long boats to and from Spain who get off the boat in the same clothes they got on in and its abundantly obvious that they have a serious aversion to soap and water.

And no spare pair of under crackers,the same ones for away for weeks,or turn them inside out.

toby1234abc:
And no spare pair of under crackers,the same ones for away for weeks,or turn them inside out.

Well I thought every one turned them inside out and back to front too,you can get 4 days worth out of them then,or is it just me. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

welshboyinspain:
I would say toby that the smelliest are usually from a certain area of europe but that would only upset certain members of the forum but whenever i’m queueing for a shower in a french routier there’s never anybody waiting from flipflopistan :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
it might be the food but it’s also called personal hygiene which they don’t seem to worry about :unamused:

there is no other way to say this a lot of the south-eastern lot are dirty peasants with no education in personal hygiene. this may not be popular with some but true.

oooo Thats a bit strong :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thetaff:

toby1234abc:

Well I thought every one turned them inside out and back to front too,you can get 4 days worth out of them then,or is it just me. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

Chuck 'em at a wall. If they don’t stick…Pop them on again. :wink:

I can remember one driver who worked very briefly for the company i worked for, anyhow one day i have to meet him at dover and take over the 18tonner he had driven there, it was during the summer so was a hot evening, I opened the cab door and was hit by some serious body odour, stale sweat and Scheiße He hadn’t seen soap and water for months, it very nearly made me puke , i had to stop myself breathing in through my nose, any how did the change over on the boat both windows where left open along with the sun roof, the smell was still their when i returned to the truck @ Calais, in-fact even with a good spaying of my antiperspirant it remained until i got to België, some poor driver had was double manned with him he didn’t sleep in the the bunk as he probably couldn’t , but would sleep in the drivers or passenger seat instead, he was a big bloke,

Probably weighed in at 20stone or more maybe, but the driver who was with him hinted at him having a wash/shower, as he didn’t want to upset him (at first) :laughing: but after he basically ducked out of getting a shower for the 1st couple of days, he eventually got told if he never got a shower that he would be getting left behind at the services where they were, as the driver could stand no more , he soon got a shower then, & eventually he drifted away from the company ,no surprise really as no one wanted to double man with him , i can’t remember anyone smelling that bad since apart from a tramp in morrisons last week, you could smell him before he got to the till

When i used to to euro i would always try my best to get a shower 1 or 2 times everyday most places you colect or deliver to in france and belgium germany holland all have showers that you can use if you ask them, unlike in this god for saken country

its very easy to get a shower every day in euro land, every routier or auto hof have them, nearly every services has a facility and most places we deliver or load in have them for the drivers so there’s no excuse even for the flipflops who can’t afford a 2 euro shower :unamused: :unamused:

I used to work with a smelly driver that we nicknamed “lonely” after the character in callan played by Russell Hunter. He thought it was because he was a quite bloke and kept him self to his self even after we left cans of deodorant in his cab he didn’t switch on…
…that ages me remembering callan …

It is the stale sweat in the cloth on the seats and bunks,that makes one vomit in hot weather,as the fumes ferment,some lorries i have taken on,would not be fit to house a dog,my kennels would be more hygenic. :open_mouth:

There was one driver on “The Company that worked out of Fradley” in the 1980s/90s who had a BO problem, not improved by the fact he liked rancid milk…he’d keep a bottle fastened to the warm air vents by a bent coat-hanger. I once had the * privilege* of having his truck for two weeks in summer, hauling in and out of Spain, while he was on holiday.
Not only had he put Toilet Rim Blocks down the air-vents as an air freshener but he’d left two pairs of, um…well loved…yes, that’ll have to do…well loved trainers in a locked box under the bunk. By the end of two weeks they were begging me to put them out of their misery. And frankly had I been able to get hold of a gun I would have shot them, then me…

Gaz Hunter

now i want to see a badger having a wash in a sink.