SMARTS

Just got off the job centre phone after speaking to a posh sounding bird at Smarts transport…hmm,take home in the region of 350 to 400 per week.After a little probing we established that the night outs would take care of this abysmal rate of recompense…should have known better…I then teased out the info that they go big on making sure you get back to base in order for them to not have to pay you this compensation for being away from home and hearth…knowing by then the measure of them ,and remembering previous posts on this forum,I indulged myself with a few pointers at her along the lines of…how the hell can most drivers possibly get home to and from the truck on time ? c o nsidering most of us don’t conveniently live adjacent to their yard.

‘You don’t seem the type of driver we are looking for’ was her riposte…I give up.

I give up.

didnt know the jobcentre was still open at this time of the night :smiley:

green456:
didnt know the jobcentre was still open at this time of the night :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: their civil servants getting the overtime in before they get the boot and have to call their ex colleagues :smiley:

Sooo, it’s a poor - average paid job, nights out would make it better but they’re not very likely.

I know what you’re saying but isn’t that the way of the world these days?

I’ve personally just taken a job for similar money, to be honest - I can’t really argue with the money considering the hours I’m doing and I do two nights out a week so it tops it up a little bit (£20 a night).

Owt’s better than nowt nowerdays :wink: