Smart Repairs

For the past couple of weeks i have been looking at smart repairs courses. im considering going self employed on the tools.

Im interested to find out if any of you would use smart repair companies for windscreen chips, scuffs & scratches and also interior repairs. all done at your site

any feedback positive or negative would be greatly recieved

imo the market seams a little flooded with franchises at the minute .

main target should be dealer’s but there is a lot of competion on there.

having sprayed fair few veicles over the years its very time consuming and looked into smart repair myself after pepole just coming upto me asking for repairs done etc but the figures didnt seam to add up to me .

also look at alloy wheel repair .

psv8:
imo the market seams a little flooded with franchises at the minute .

main target should be dealer’s but there is a lot of competion on there.

having sprayed fair few veicles over the years its very time consuming and looked into smart repair myself after pepole just coming upto me asking for repairs done etc but the figures didnt seam to add up to me .

also look at alloy wheel repair .

I worked in my brothers garage between jobs and we used the SMART repairers every day, but the amount of them who popped in off spec or sent flyers through the post was huge. I cant see how they can make it pay either. There is a guy in my village who sets his stall up in the supermarket car park on a Saturday.

I would look into it further before committing to a franchise or a training course

Keep your money in your pocket for the time being, its about to get a whole lot worse in the next couple of month`s.

If your working, stay put, if your not, keep claiming, this Dubai thing is about to rock the money world more that Northern Rock / RBS ect. put together.

Ive just had a builder mate round, his "BIG" job is about to stop, and, they are notsure when it will start again, and its a hospital on a PFI contract which isnt finished :frowning:

Some of his “contractor” mates need to sell their vans to pay the wages next month [i.e. XMAS wages], the banks are just not interested in helping, or they know something we don`t more like, IMHO.

And this government is telling us that the recession is over…my arse :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

im definatly keeping my options open for going back onto the tools. services i was gonna offer were

*onsite touch ups & minor repairs such as torn curtains etc
*end of lease repairs such as sticker removal & dashboard repairs once kits have been removed
*onsite valeting
*onsite windscreen repairs

was also gonna set up at a couple of truckfests offering demonstrations of the workmanship

i was considering alloys but they are too much of a hassle as the truck wheels are ment to be torqued again after

dont put all your eggs in one basket do cars also and possibly caravans have furniture that gets abused when rented out .

Hutchie:
was also gonna set up at a couple of truckfests offering demonstrations of the workmanship

If as a start up business you can afford a cost like this then frankly keep at where you can still earn this sort of money.

Hutchie:
im definatly keeping my options open for going back onto the tools. services i was gonna offer were

*onsite touch ups & minor repairs such as torn curtains etc
*end of lease repairs such as sticker removal & dashboard repairs once kits have been removed
*onsite valeting
*onsite windscreen repairs
i was considering alloys but they are too much of a hassle as the truck wheels are ment to be torqued again after

Good point, when you have spent all that money getting a mobile valeting van set up I suppose £150 on a decent torque wrench is a bit over the top.

yeh but they are ment to be torqued after 50 miles, kinda hard when the truck could be abroad by that time

then go and ask a tyre dealer they will either do
it for free or you give €10, unless you carry a torque
wrench with you

It’s no different than having a blowout or puncture when we are down the road is it?