Smart recruitment Derby

Hello there , am a new driver ,passed my class 2 few mounts ago and my class 1 few weeks a go , I did as all new pass driver an agency job and this smart recruitment was one of them but they promised 9£ an hours the under paid me !?the difference 200£ in total , I told them ,emailed them ,txt there mobile but they kept answering the Same way (did you check you pay slip ) no I didn’t have one (ok will look it for you .do you want more job?) no not until you put it right ,
But nothing’s happening . I wrote this for advice and to warn of them , make sure to have a written statement of your paid hourly rat , use a paper time sheet beside there on line time sheet (because you will not have any access to it ) if you must work for them .
Obviously I didn’t do that so help any one , and pass the tip around please …
Many thanks

Double check your T&C also they might have taken 45 min break off daily unless you done 10 hr drives x2 so would be 1.5 hr x2 as well as tax & NI

animal:
Double check your T&C also they might have taken 45 min break off daily unless you done 10 hr drives x2 so would be 1.5 hr x2 as well as tax & NI

All that was considered , my total working hours at that week was 53 hours so after taking out the 45 min each day the number didn’t add ! an they refused to gave me any pay slip so I can check where is the mistake in the hours or in the rate . Because I have all the hours on my digi. Tacho …
Any buddy know a good Union for a HGV driver I can join , I feel ripped me off and I can’t let go so they conned another poor driver …
Many thanks

Smart strike again ! There reputation definetly goes ahead of them they like to advertise rates at 1 rate and pay u at another I had this with them myself in the short period of time I worked for them ! As I decided to move to a different agency as got sick of lies etc ! If I was in your situation I would read your t and c’s and possibly take further advise from someone like ACAS or citizens advice and also keep the pressure on them and pay them a visit personally . I know of a few drivers who have had taken these to court regarding unpaid wages and outstanding money . I know it’s hard when u are a new driver to find work but there a lot better agencies in the Derby area to work for than these !

Greggo:
Smart strike again ! There reputation definetly goes ahead of them they like to advertise rates at 1 rate and pay u at another I had this with them myself in the short period of time I worked for them ! As I decided to move to a different agency as got sick of lies etc ! If I was in your situation I would read your t and c’s and possibly take further advise from someone like ACAS or citizens advice and also keep the pressure on them and pay them a visit personally . I know of a few drivers who have had taken these to court regarding unpaid wages and outstanding money . I know it’s hard when u are a new driver to find work but there a lot better agencies in the Derby area to work for than these !

I am talking to acas about it , and sent them few email as instructed by acas , the amount is not huge (200£) still tow hard working days , and more important to me is to put the words out so they will never a row other driver. Looking at them (the staff of smart recruitment) sitting in the comfort of there offices they can’t comprehhend how difficult our job and they cheat us out of our mony ,

Thanks buddy

Fingers crossed u get things sorted and get what u have worked for ACAS are the people to help they sorted a former employer of mine for me who tried to denie payment of redundancy a few years ago and I got full payment in the end though them . Hope u are finding work now from elsewhere ?

Greggo:
Fingers crossed u get things sorted and get what u have worked for ACAS are the people to help they sorted a former employer of mine for me who tried to denie payment of redundancy a few years ago and I got full payment in the end though them . Hope u are finding work now from elsewhere ?

Thank you, Ifinger crossed, yes plenty of work

Is this the same company as smart solutions recruitment or not?

Remember now if you have to take it to tribunal with ACAS you have to pay ( £170 to start with )

animal:
Remember now if you have to take it to tribunal with ACAS you have to pay ( £170 to start with )

I didn’t know that :open_mouth: although the disputed amount 200£ only I might pay the 170 if I will get back on the top of what owe ,
I dis like this kind of people,

Thanks mate

ACAS will sort it for you before the necessity of a tribunal. Also you’ll now be owed 6 hours holiday, so claim that. Your entitled to a wage packet

Mattwoodtransport:
ACAS will sort it for you before the necessity of a tribunal. Also you’ll now be owed 6 hours holiday, so claim that. Your entitled to a wage packet

Not necessarily if they keep putting off for 3 mth from date then it can go to tribunal

ACAS never used to charge but this government changed that

Mattwoodtransport:

Thank you mate , more important for me to let every one know about them . It’s is so annoying and painful like slavery to make some one work hard and not pay home or her .