Smart phone -dumb drivers!

Everyday now i see people ,on their phones ,especially at traffic lights ,even the POLICE texting away…:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: and Truckers aswell… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused:

The only way to stop it -a BIG FINE£££££ :smiley: Got to happen ,how many deaths ,accidents happen every day because dumb drivers are on the phones and not watching the road…its an epidemic.

I see folk at it all the time, either drifting out of lane or with a total disregard/ignorance of the flow of traffic.

My phone is totally handsfree, in fact I can’t even reach it while I’m driving.

I often wonder when I see some stupid accident, if the driver was texting when he went in the back of the motor he/she was following.

I think, well if I’ve lost an hour because of this, so have how many hundreds of others? They should be fined accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right about the filth mate. I was passing queuing traffic slowly as I was approaching our depot last week, a copper was sat in the queue texting away.

Hypocritical prick.

There are no police to police it. That’s why it’s become so much of a problem. The only way to try and address it is to make it socially unacceptable the way drink driving has become. Drink driving used to be a big problem but now less so. If someone tells you they are steaming and about to drive, most folk would be outraged and have a word. If you’re in a car and you check your texts etc whilst driving, your passengers wouldn’t react in the same outraged manner where as maybe they should.

I personally think you need your head tested if you use a phone in a hgv. Depending of the tc area you can get 6 points, heavy fine and a two week driving ban shoved up your arse.

Are they texting? Or are they using a sat nav, parking app or music player? Where do you draw the line? Obviously your whole attention should be on the road when your moving but should we be hung for changing albums at a red light?

maestegboy:
Everyday now i see people ,on their phones ,especially at traffic lights ,even the POLICE texting away…:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: and Truckers aswell… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused:

The only way to stop it -a BIG FINE£££££ :smiley: Got to happen ,how many deaths ,accidents happen every day because dumb drivers are on the phones and not watching the road…its an epidemic.

I am, by nature, a very cynical person and I’m wondering if it’s a coincidence that this report on texting drivers comes out a couple of days after a driver is found guilty of killing someone whilst using a phone.

Doing anything that takes your concentration off the the road is stupid and dangerous, but blaming mobile phones won’t solve the real problem, too many people on the road are simply unable to drive safely.

About time the bbc did something -better late than never :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37643994

I always use an earpiece, the problem is I have a habit of pressing it in my ear with my finger with elbow on window ledge :unamused: :blush: .
I realise it defeats the object of a hands free, and tbh it aint necessary, just a stupid bloody habit I have, so it does look as if I am holding a phone, and I would maybe get nicked for it.
So maybe I qualify as one of your ‘dumb drivers’ :blush: .

Just the other day I was in the contraflow being overtaken by an artic driver (who obviously doubled up as a part time Police officer in his own mind) giving me dog’s abuse, hands and horns :unamused:
Now I am 100% sure I was not veering, so he must have seen me in my mirror, and decided to display his self appointed authority :unamused:

The thing is though, I have always driven with one hand anyway, ok it’s with the other hand on a steering wheel knob, but it’s just what I do :neutral_face: , …not trying to be clever or anything just a habit, and afaik there aint a law against it…yet.

I got some stick off a certain Mr M. Mouse on here :unamused: , who reckoned you should drive as if you are learning :unamused: , I really do not think I could sit in that kind of stress position for more than half an hour, and with hands at 10 to 2 gripping the wheel for dear life with white knuckles.

Anyway from today I will stop holding in my bluetooth with my finger…promise. :smiley:

Les Shoes:
Are they texting? Or are they using a sat nav, parking app or music player? Where do you draw the line? Obviously your whole attention should be on the road when your moving but should we be hung for changing albums at a red light?

what i dont get about drawing the line is that how come its legal to scrutinize your satnav trying to work out where you are and where your going,but its not legal to have the same screen playing the simpsons when your driving along bored out of your brains?
surely your paying less atention to the road looking at the satnav instead of a movie or the tv?..obviously that dont reply if its hd ■■■■,but i mean just in general. :confused:

you cant lift a phone or a can of coke,bottle of water,but its ok to yakk on the old cb?

dieseldog999:
you cant lift a phone or a can of coke,bottle of water,but its ok to yakk on the old cb?

Because if they outlawed that it would mean the police couldn’t use their radios whilst they drive through a town at 70MPH one handed as they’re pursuing a fail to stop.

youtube.com/watch?v=E9swS1V … e=youtu.be

This was posted on the reddit thread about the bbc article linked above.