Smart motorways (again).

villa:
The worst ones are the cars that go 40 through the roadworks when the limit is 50 then soon as the roadworks finish they go back to doing 80 when the limit is 70

Why do you say that villa? Does it hold you up? and for how long? Do you know that a driver is not obliged to do the maximum speed and is quite entitled to sit at 40 in a 50.

I would say the worst ones are the so called professional drivers in lorries who sit right close behind anyone not doing the speed they would like to do.

They are scum and should not be on the road.

We see a lot of arabs here in Spain on their way to a ferry to Morocco.Their vehicles defy science with a bum clenchingly high centre of gravity on a roof rack loaded to around 8ft.wide.I don’t recall seeing any in accidents although they appear to break down frequently.There always seen to be around 15 or 16 bodies surrounding the vehicle peering at it hopefully.Never fails to amuse.

Dr Damon:

villa:
The worst ones are the cars that go 40 through the roadworks when the limit is 50 then soon as the roadworks finish they go back to doing 80 when the limit is 70

Why do you say that villa? Does it hold you up? and for how long? Do you know that a driver is not obliged to do the maximum speed and is quite entitled to sit at 40 in a 50.

I would say the worst ones are the so called professional drivers in lorries who sit right close behind anyone not doing the speed they would like to do.

He probably says that because the brainless in the cars are dense and are happy to ignore 1 limit while holding up traffic in another limit.

You wouldn’t understand that because you don’t drive.

A.

Adonis.:

Dr Damon:

villa:

He probably says that because the brainless in the cars are dense and are happy to ignore 1 limit while holding up traffic in another limit.

You wouldn’t understand that because you don’t drive.

A.

Let me educate you a little son, some of these brainless car drivers turn into brainless truck drivers. Gaining an LGV licence does not suddenly make you intelligent.

Now please explain how a lorry driver following a car through roadworks manages to tell that a car doing 40 in front of him accelerates up to 80 when they finish when he is limited to 56?

Dr Damon:
Let me educate you a little son, some of these brainless car drivers turn into brainless truck drivers. Gaining an LGV licence does not suddenly make you intelligent.

Now please explain how a lorry driver following a car through roadworks manages to tell that a car doing 40 in front of him accelerates up to 80 when they finish when he is limited to 56?

No one said it does. You complete fud.

You would know the answer to that if you drive lorries, which you don’t. You have never driven anything other than a car in your life, you sad fantasist.

You’ll never educate anyone because you don’t known anything about any of the topics you dribble over, you cretin.

A.

Adonis.:

Dr Damon:

No one said it does. You complete fud.

You would know the answer to that if you drive lorries, which you don’t. You have never driven anything other than a car in your life, you sad fantasist.

You’ll never educate anyone because you don’t known anything about any of the topics you dribble over, you cretin.

A.

Oh dear, transparent or what. :unamused:

Dr Damon:
Oh dear, transparent or what. :unamused:

Thought as much, you boring gimp.

A.

:grimacing:

images.jpg

yourhavingalarf:

AndrewG:
the real plodders ive found are always the Hymer variety with the obligatory bikes strapped to the rear…

The real plodders…

As I remember used to migrate from northern Europe to Morocco once a year. They’d be driving a selection of clapped out Renault 12s, 14s, 16s, vans, mini buses as well as decades old Mercedes.

I’d frequently come across them at four in the morning. They’d have no lights on, six people inside and approximately 2 tons of luggage on the roof.

im being very pc by not calling them by their collective nickname

Half of them still in over loaded old bangers and vans. Some now in newish Audis, permanent HD headlights guiding in aircraft, twenty tons of groupage on the roof, doing a one-hitter from Holland to Algeceras at 160km/hr.
Different variety of idiocy altogether. But equally dangerous.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Does anybody know how a stranded/stationary vehicle in one of the live lanes is detected?

And how long after the lane is ‘red x’d’

SuperMultiBlue:
Does anybody know how a stranded/stationary vehicle in one of the live lanes is detected?

Yes, They use the flip-flop kipometer.

It can detect a swan eater asleep across all lanes. They use Redex to wake him up, a sort of " EE hair of the dog ".

eagerbeaver:

SuperMultiBlue:

It can detect a swan eater asleep across all lanes. They use Redex to wake him up, a sort of " EE hair of the dog ".

From the second the vehicle comes to a halt to the lane being closed, what is the process that happens?

Is the lane closed by computer or by a human? If human how do they come to know there is an obstruction in a lane?

SuperMultiBlue:

eagerbeaver:

SuperMultiBlue:

From the second the vehicle comes to a halt to the lane being closed, what is the process that happens?

Is the lane closed by computer or by a human? If human how do they come to know there is an obstruction in a lane?

I don’t know, but I’ll bet Boss Hogg does.

Franglais:

SuperMultiBlue:

eagerbeaver:

SuperMultiBlue:

Don’t most of the motorway network, especially the SMART ones, have CCTV ?

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

SuperMultiBlue:

eagerbeaver:

SuperMultiBlue:

Cameras we’d expect wouldn’t we? Hopefully “our well trained operatives” watching the screens. Any other systems? Speed camera that sets an alarm if speed below 40 detected? Motion detector that sets alarm if no movement in a set time?? Only guessing.

pierrot 14:

This is my point. So as far as we know the closure of a live lane with an obstruction is down to someone watching a tv screen of which I suspect there are many.

What could possibly go wrong :smiley: