Smallwood show 2013

I needn’t have taken my camera, then!

Sorry mate. :blush: What did you think of it ? could have done with a few more motors in my opinion seemed a bit quite from the ones I have been to before at smallwood.

Stanfield:
Sorry mate. :blush: What did you think of it ? could have done with a few more motors in my opinion seemed a bit quite from the ones I have been to before at smallwood.

I thought it was a good day out :slight_smile:

As I have noted elsewhere, I suspect the organisers were playing to a wider audience than us old lorry drivers. Like you, I personally would have preferred more commercials but maybe they wouldn’t have had so many punters.
As it happens, it’s a good job you did take so many photos- either the site’s decided it doesn’t like me or there’s something amiss with my PC. I can make postings but it won’t let me upload photos. When I click the “place in line” box, my screen goes blank.
I’ll have a go at it tomorrow when I’ve more time.

Hi ROF
Thats exactly what mine is doing so I have had to put them on phobucket 1st and then transfer them over which is a pain in the a-se, I have informed the mods about it and they say they are looking into it,so rest assured its not your PC.

Many thanks, John. That saves me taking my almost-new PC to the tip in a fit of temper!
Just thinking about the show, I suppose you weren’t the gentleman with the hat & the nice-looking camera who was taking photos at the same time as the old guy in the blue shirt & glasses?

Hi ROF No that wasnt me,I went on saturday with the missus and 1 of the grandsons,had a look round for 3300john & Windrush but didnt spot them.By the way the photo uploading is now working ok so lets see your pics on here (cheers)

Still not working for me. Never mind, presumably things will sort themselves out.

I spoke to soon mate,mine has stopped working again. :grimacing: :grimacing:

Stanfield:
Hi ROF No that wasnt me,I went on saturday with the missus and 1 of the grandsons,had a look round for 3300john & Windrush but didnt spot them.By the way the photo uploading is now working ok so lets see your pics on here (cheers)

I was down the far end of the engine line opposite the stalls that had the Vintage maroon Lancia and tatty MGB for sale and the wooden buildings John, 3300 John was probably on his stall selling stuff when not required to be with his truck! I did have a word or two with him over the weekend.

Pete.

Pete did you have some kind of shearing equipment and were you about the 3rd/4th near the end.I was looking at this one and there was a chap with a fancy camera stood talking to the lad who I presume owned the shearing equipment,I had my 4 yr old grandson with me and he was wanting to go across to the roundabouts which I did and then never got chance to come back.

9.JPG

Stanfield:
Pete did you have some kind of shearing equipment and were you about the 3rd/4th near the end.I was looking at this one and there was a chap with a fancy camera stood talking to the lad who I presume owned the shearing equipment,I had my 4 yr old grandson with me and he was wanting to go across to the roundabouts we I did and then never got chance to come back.

That would have been me John, the chap with the camera was from another forum that I am on. Lad eh, I’m 62! :smiley:

Pete.

AS usual Sir Beautiful pics thanks very much for sharing them regards .RAY

windrush:

Stanfield:

I was down the far end of the engine line opposite the stalls that had the Vintage maroon Lancia and tatty MGB for sale and the wooden buildings John, 3300 John was probably on his stall selling stuff when not required to be with his truck! I did have a word or two with him over the weekend.

Pete.

Hi, Pete. If I’d known that was you I would have stopped & had a word and maybe one of those haircuts that you were advertising!
And I think it’s a tad generous to describe the MGB as “tatty”. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one as bad outside of a scrapyard.

That nice JamesW has fixed it so I can once again post photos.
Now all I have to do is learn how to use my scanner. Oh dear, I wish my brain was as young as it used to be.
Meanwhile, here’s a shot of the usual suspects!

And while most of the chaps & their photographic equipment are elsewhere next weekend, I will be taking the Box Brownie to North Rode where I hope to get some shots of really old machines.