Smallest loads.

Outward load cancelled so went from Hinckley to Amsterdam empty to load 3 euro pallets of pharmaceuticals and took them to Cork. Good times.

Courier work is always good for weird and wonderful loads. I once took Robbie Williams’ head in a box across London (for Madam Tussards :laughing: )

I had to take an A4 envelope from London to Devon (on a 'bike, in November) then found the place down there empty. Turned out the guy had decided not go on for a weekend in the country after all, and was still at his flat in the Barbican, 5 minutes from the collection.

I took Roger Cook’s passport to his house in the 80’s. Someone would have paid me mega bucks for the fat, Kiwi tossers address back then. He lives in Bath by the way! :wink:

Mid nineties 2 europallets in 13.5 metre 'fridge from Xerox at Mitcheldean to a computer company in Madrid & then there was the time I loaded 5 euros of yoghurt back from Villaviciosa to Nestle’s at Staverton (Trowbridge), rang my boss,asked if we were being paid for a full trailer, (we were) told him I’d only got 5 europallets on, “right” says he, “turn your phone off & don’t turn it back on 'til your in Cherbourg” :laughing:

When i worked for a Norwegian\Dutch company in the 90s we had to take a tubine for the hydrofoil which ran from Durres Albania to Ancona Italy.We picked up the box in Oslo 1M x 1M x 1M,weight 800kgs and deliver it to Durres Albania.This we done with a Daf space cab and a 15m fridge trlr.Mike

Last month alone I did 61% of my miles empty :sunglasses:

Drove Edinburgh to Newcastle in a 15t to drop off 3 digger bucket teeth just last month!

back in the early ninty’s, use to do work for a subbie on for Danzas out of MIFT doing express runs out

to Aachen in Germany, once took 4 plt’s weighing about 2 ton all in on a 45ft tilt, nice run out but was

fully loaded coming back,

Went from Caernarfon to leicester with a double decker with just one pallet onboard…the Wrexham based company folded up the caernarfon depot 2 weeks later due to lack of work :cry: :cry:

Al

A small box of sample sausages from Shap to cheshire… :neutral_face:

Mates dad was OD with 6whl Scania .
Got a urgent request to do a load from Dundee to Cardiff . Told they would pay full load price just needed Down there ASAP , picked up “load” turns out was 2 small boxes !
Drove from Dundee to Glasgow parked truck up, got train and relaxed , taxi from station dropped off load and back up to Glasgow after breakfast :wink:
Always said it was his best paying load lol

We always have our runs come thru on text messages on the boxes.
With that in mind, off I go with a 45ft high cube box to a kiln production place on a Friday. Make the collection of a normal office table, seal on the box, paper work signed and away i go to the docks. Early the following week I get a call from the planner asking what I had picked up. I tell him and he enquires as to why I didnt make the second collection, needless to say after explaining I didnt have the text or get told at the (first) collection point about this second place I just cracked on. As far as im away the company still got paid for the running

There are 5 drops on that trailer :laughing:

It was a regular customer and that was the daily stand trailer, it was normally loaded like that