Small fire in charlton

Please Lord, let it be Sainsbury’s. :stuck_out_tongue:

If they ran as quick as they unload, they’ll all be toast

Is that where you have to back up the ramp to reverse on an unloading bay and then sit on a chair in the ‘drivers waiting area’? If so good riddence and throw some petrol at it!

Reminds me of the fire at Blake’s, Warrington. Agency driver came back with a loaded truck and told the foreman that there were sparks coming from the fridge motor. Foreman said to back it on the bay and leave it running - he would sort it later. It was a warm evening.

A couple of hours later someone reported smoke and a couple of hours after that, the whole warehouse and several trailers were a heap of charred rubble.

Few quid gone up in smoke there without the cost of the damage to the building

Is that a Sainsburys DC ?

Turbo:
Is that where you have to back up the ramp to reverse on an unloading bay and then sit on a chair in the ‘drivers waiting area’? If so good riddence and throw some petrol at it!

In the old Charlton depot they used to have a few bays round the back that fit that description,what a pain in the balls they were!

Could some of the lorries’ ve been moved prior to the fire spreading? I expect health and safety nonsense stopped any sensible behavior?

Its been a few years since Ive been there thank god. There was 5 bays for rigids at the top of the ramp, but with artics they could only use 3 of them. If you made the mistake of driving up the ramp it was a blindside reverse on the bay. The drivers waiting area was a joke, about 4 plastic chairs on a couple of pallets.

It was demolished and rebuilt a couple of years ago

How far away was the nearest fire station, 100 miles, as six trucks are destroyed in the photo ?

facebook.com/brendon.vinces … 404664086/

Fair old blaze. Sounds like the old Ralph Hilton yard. I worked for him in the 60’s.

Management don’t care if stuff goes up in flames that belongs to the firm.
They don’t get punished for letting it happen, and the workforce can have a pay cut passed onto them using the incident as an excuse.
I understand driving at a Sainsbury depot now pays lower than all other supermarkets, including Aldi… Having undercut the latter here seems quite significant to me.

I think I’d rather “self-tip” and Aldi than turn up and not be booked on for an hour whilst I just fill in some paperwork they give me… :imp:

Imagine if we had a system in the transport industry similar to the “Prize” system used by the Navy during the napoleonic wars…

Save company kit from certain distruction? - You get a bonus based on the value of what’s been saved…
Nothing clears the mind for ALL staff more than “You’ll be rewarded for going the extra mile” in anyone’s job…
“Negative Re-enforcement” though? - Apathy all around. “Let it burn” one might say. "I’m not staying here after my shift ends" retorts another… “Leave it to the night crew” says a third… :unamused:

Yay, a few less zb’tty axors on our roads:lol::evil:

Sainsbury only pay lower where it’s a Wincanton depot. Rye Park and Waltham Point are still up there with the old tesco rates, albeit a little less. It’s not that hard to get a job at Waltham point as they’re very ■■■■ and it’s not a very enjoyable job, although there is a long wait for a job at Rye park. It’s a dead man’s shoes job and over half the drivers have done over 15 years

facebook.com/brendon.vinces … 404664086/

What they using to put it out a fire extinguisher?

Winseer:
They don’t get punished for letting it happen, and the workforce can have a pay cut passed onto them using the incident as an excuse.
I understand driving at a Sainsbury depot now pays lower than all other supermarkets, including Aldi… Having undercut the latter here seems quite significant to me.

I think I’d rather “self-tip” and Aldi than turn up and not be booked on for an hour whilst I just fill in some paperwork they give me… :imp:

Imagine if we had a system in the transport industry similar to the “Prize” system used by the Navy during the napoleonic wars…

Save company kit from certain distruction? - You get a bonus based on the value of what’s been saved…
Nothing clears the mind for ALL staff more than “You’ll be rewarded for going the extra mile” in anyone’s job…
“Negative Re-enforcement” though? - Apathy all around. “Let it burn” one might say. "I’m not staying here after my shift ends" retorts another… “Leave it to the night crew” says a third… :unamused:

You’ll be surprised how much Aldi pay drivers. It’s better than most supermarkets to cover for the self tipping element.

pepsifarr:

Winseer:

You’ll be surprised how much Aldi pay drivers. It’s better than most supermarkets to cover for the self tipping element.

According to Aldi website £10.44 rising to £11.55 per hour (days), £12.32 rising to £13.63 per hour (nights)*. Not that great lol