Small and sporty

Mrs has a zetec-s tdci fiesta,nice enough little car,£20 tax :smiley: ,60 mpg ,but,she’s only doing about 5 miles a day in it,been told there’s some filter that will clog up if it doesn’t go on a good motorway run on a regular basis.
I’ve suggested I use it a bit for work and she uses my motor,but mines old (y reg),hers is a (61 reg),so she’s not going for that suggestion :unamused: :unamused: ,so I’m going to change it,something newer /smallish/sporty
Some I’ve looked at
08 fiesta st
10 corsa Sri
10 twingo Renault sport
None really my cup of tea to be honest,but anything to keep her sweet :wink: ,any one had one of these,or any other suggestions,smallish,sporty, thanks

fiat 500 arbarth. you’ll probably never get to see the keys again! :smiley:

Diesels and short distances really don’t go together.
Why not just go for a drive somewhere at weekends?

try citroen DS3 — my g/f has one and it’s so much fun to drive that again i don’t think that you’d ever see the keys to it again :smiley:

other than that have a look at a corsa vxr — seriously nice fun drive :grimacing:

dozy:
been told there’s some filter that will clog up if it doesn’t go on a good motorway run on a regular basis.

Diesel particulate filter which will be on any modern diesel.

mataos32:
fiat 500 arbarth. you’ll probably never get to see the keys again! :smiley:[/
Once had a 500 sport I think it was when one of our cars was being repaired,not bad for a little car,aren’t arbarth quite dear,but yea worth a look.thanks

Clunk:
Diesels and short distances really don’t go together.
Why not just go for a drive somewhere at weekends?

I read somewhere it needed a motorway run every other day to keep filter clear,that was my thinking,I’d use it every other day for work,at the moment I’m taking it out for runs,she’s coming the long way home,we would of been as well to get a petrol

foxy stars:
try citroen DS3 — my g/f has one and it’s so much fun to drive that again i don’t think that you’d ever see the keys to it again :smiley:

other than that have a look at a corsa vxr — seriously nice fun drive :grimacing:

Yes a know someone who has a ds3 at work,red and black,looks very smart,but she for some reason doesn’t like them(I showed her one on p.c),she mentioned VXrbut likes the green one( I’d heard of red ,white,blue), but not green,I enquired and found out it was a Nuremberg,nice but 19,000,it’s getting awfully expensive to clean out a filter now and then :wink: ,but thanks for ideas

mrpj:

dozy:
been told there’s some filter that will clog up if it doesn’t go on a good motorway run on a regular basis.

Diesel particulate filter which will be on any modern diesel.

That’s it,I’m starting to wish we’d brought a petrol,yes it’s cheaper tax/fuel,but were now on about spending 000,s to keep a filter clean or taking it out on runs using fuel just to give it a run,I know you’re not meant to listen to sales men but on this occasion I think we should of

when they say regular they mean about every 1000 miles forget about the perticulate filter and just enjoy the car if your wifes only doing about 5 miles aday its going to take about 6 months till it needs to do a burn which is why you take it for a run also if you start to have problems with it a dealer can do a manual burn on it most new cars like your wifes will do a burn when its needed it doesnt even need to go on a run these filters have come a long way from the first ones they fitted

have a look at a bmw mini cooper - there’s plenty around although for me they are a tad on the heavy side compared to the likes of a ds3 / vxr

mataos32:
fiat 500 arbarth. you’ll probably never get to see the keys again! :smiley:

daughter had a fiat 500 (pink!!!) she had it for @3yr and luvved it .she traded it in about a month ago for a … audi a5 3.0l tdi ■■? the mind boggles :confused: :confused:

Perhaps with a bit of the money saved in not buying a new car, you could buy her a little something as a random present to convince her to use your motor every so often and you give her’s a longer drive to your work occassionally?

Win win. She gets a pressie :stuck_out_tongue: , you save £££ on a new motor and you also don’t get any probs with her diesel…

She may even thank you for her new pressie :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: