'Slow lorries' sign

Why put a rigid on it? It’s always the artics that are slow going uphill, it’s insulting to drivers of rigid trucks. I ain’t no slow lorry!

nobody is slow nowadays ,its only the herbert jobsworths that make it look that way.
and the picture of a rigid is there because it would be demeaning to those in the one o`clock gang to be implied we were at fault when lesser species of driver somewhat lower down the food chain can fit the bill. :wink:

Are you really that bored? An artic is a lorry and a rigid is a lorry. Stop being a pedantic twerp.

Artics are to big to fit in the triangle,to much overhang

dieseldog999:
nobody is slow nowadays ,its only the herbert jobsworths that make it look that way.
and the picture of a rigid is there because it would be demeaning to those in the one o`clock gang to be implied we were at fault when lesser species of driver somewhat lower down the food chain can fit the bill. :wink:

If you are on your limiter as per normal and I am doing 95 in my car that makes you very slow indeed. :wink:

dieseldog999:

I know, right? You elitist artic drivers, never flash me in when I’m overtaking but you flash the fellow artic guy right before me? Racist pricks.

jakethesnake:
Are you really that bored? An artic is a lorry and a rigid is a lorry. Stop being a pedantic twerp.

Let’s add an artic behind the rigid on the sign, it’ll be more like reality where artics are desperately trying to keep up.

Might as well complain that the level crossing sign shows a steam train :unamused:

jakethesnake:

dieseldog999:

If you are on your limiter as per normal and I am doing 95 in my car that makes you very slow indeed. :wink:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i have to disagree there old spud.
1…unless you are meaning kilometers then you would barely be keeping up with me at the best of times ( especially at night) as 99% of anything i would be driving would have the bypass and happy button installed as a matter of course.

2…assuming your meaning miles,then you wouldnt be ever doing a legal 95mph ( unless you take the tourist route to iceland through germany for another photoshoot holiday again" as you are one of the founder members of the “speed limits are not targets and must be rigidly adhered to at all times” brigade of plobber tosco brainwashed fannies. :laughing:

lolipop:
Artics are to big to fit in the triangle,to much overhang

Government underfunding: they`re too tight to get a big enough sign.

WhiteTruckMan:
Might as well complain that the level crossing sign shows a steam train :unamused:

You’re right. Another obsolete sign in need of an update. In a few years (or decades) time petrol cars will be gone and so will be gas stations, to be replaced by electric charging stations. Should we then still be using the sign with the 2 fuel pumps for service ares/charging stations?

ETS:

WhiteTruckMan:

You’re right. Another obsolete sign in need of an update. In a few years (or decades) time petrol cars will be gone and so will be gas stations, to be replaced by electric charging stations. Should we then still be using the sign with the 2 fuel pumps for service ares/charging stations?

Another example might be camera signs
assets.publishing.service.gov.u … -signs.pdf
page 21.
A Hasselblad 500 CM medium format SLR ? Not an everyday camera is it?
But how would you show a modern camera?

Franglais:
But how would you show a modern camera?

Easy: £££

how about this for starters?

Its below us class one drivers to appear on a sign

It also reminds the public that a class two is a lorry of sorts even though it’s just a van really.

dieseldog999:

jakethesnake:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i have to disagree there old spud.
1…unless you are meaning kilometers then you would barely be keeping up with me at the best of times ( especially at night) as 99% of anything i would be driving would have the bypass and happy button installed as a matter of course.

2…assuming your meaning miles,then you wouldnt be ever doing a legal 95mph ( unless you take the tourist route to iceland through germany for another photoshoot holiday again" as you are one of the founder members of the “speed limits are not targets and must be rigidly adhered to at all times” brigade of plobber tosco brainwashed fannies. :laughing:

+1