"Slow Down - Move Over"

Signed as well. It’s a simple thing to do.

Just signed it (or clicked a link).

Having a celebrity like me on the petition should give it extra gravitas…

Just signed by clicking on the link on the email they sent. 3083 signatures now need a few more.

Captain Caveman 76:
Sadly, I think it would simply be another unenforceable law. Road policing these days is done by camera and unless there’s one covering the area, there’ll be no protection for the worker.

if the camera was fitted to the recovery vehicle (I’d guess many already are) it could work - with the right publicity, markings and warning lights - signed

I am signing it. I remember all too well the guy from K&M Hucknall who was killed on the M1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now up to 4222 nearly half way, keep them coming.

They know the answer to this.

They know how to minimise any more deaths & serious injuries to those who need to work roadside. The reason they don’t implement the answers is down to £££money & statistics.

Some poor sod lost their life because the statistics combined with the £££cost outweigh the answers.

As other have said.

There will always be those who don’t care/can’t be bothered to move over or slow down. Only today. I moved over for a recovery team. Only to be undertaken by Mr Van Man!!! Muppets!!

Signed and shared on Facebook BTW [emoji106]

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Signed.
The biggest problem as I see it is-most of these muppets have never broken down on a hard shoulder & experienced it, it’s not much fun when 44ton Juggernauts & all the other traffic is passing only inches away at 56 mph.

Signed and shared on my Twitter and Facebook.

I’m signed up, the outcome of this incident is horrific and sobering to think how quickly a situation can come about to someone out there.

Signed and shared.

Signed - much respect to you guys and gals.

I have always straddled two lanes where possible to reduce the risk of anybody coming up the nearside and also give a couple of beeps on the horn to just warn them of my presence.

I allways move over when I can or I slow down,signed anyway

robroy:

the maoster:

simcor:
Most decent drivers paying attention do will slow down or move over a lane when they see beacons on the hard shoulder.

I came down a deserted M50 after dark tonight with an artic that I’d overtaken about 100 yards behind me and I saw a cluster of breakdown vehicles on the h/s in the distance. I moved across into lane two and as I passed saw one of the recovery guys wave his hand in acknowledgment, I checked my mirror and saw the following artic remain in lane one despite no other vehicles around him!

The problem with this is human nature dictates that we look at the hazard as we pass which unfortunately can lead to “target fixation” in which we go where we look with potentially fatal consequences.

There lies the problem, the good drivers will, and do, always move out anyway, but the problem does not lie with the good drivers…
For every good driver there is a prick with a licence following him, all the campaigns and petitions going will never create common sense among these useless [zb] s.
Petition signed btw.

Correct.

Signed and shared on my twitter page, I will always stop to assist a recovery operator if they request it. I also acknowledge with a wave to drivers who pull into lane 2 when I’m on the hard shoulder. :wink:

Signed and shared on Faceache.

Got a response.

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/202302

Short version, there’s already protection in place, theres just no police to enforce it.

Good idea, but who will enforce it?
Cannot remember the last time I saw police on the motorway…

Don’t know if anyone else has, but I have received an e-mail off our wonderful government.

It basically say’s " Well done for signing the petition. Now F.O. " :frowning: