Slow Cookers (Again). 2017

Spotted this…

argos.co.uk/product/7194816

As I’m thinking of getting one to broaden my food choices when away…

But, will it be…

1, Big - or even small enough for one person?

And 2, will it run comfortably on a 300w inverter that’s only plugged into the hella socket?

Just thinking of batch cooking stuff at home, then just letting it heat the stuff up through the day as we don’t have a huge inverter and microwave in the truck…

Thoughts…■■?

1.5 litre is a diddy slow cooker 1 person meal max.

Good for making soups and broths etc.

I’ve got one that I run off of an 800w inverter and it’s bloody brilliant. Great for stews and the likes but I also use mine to heat pasties and stuff like that as well. Would have thought a 300w inverter would do the job as long as you didn’t have anything else plugged into it at the same time.

the way i tend to drive then i prefer the microwave on the move so its ready as a crash to a halt.
look what happened to this dude trying to heat up his custard. :astonished:

cooking custard in cab.jpg

dieseldog999:
the way i tend to drive then i prefer the microwave on the move so its ready as a crash to a halt.

That is really funny, you are such a card

UKtramp:

dieseldog999:

He has the humour of a paper towel. Completely dry and unfunny with its only use being to wipe up dog turd.

Goldfinger:
Spotted this…

argos.co.uk/product/7194816

As I’m thinking of getting one to broaden my food choices when away…

But, will it be…

1, Big - or even small enough for one person?

And 2, will it run comfortably on a 300w inverter that’s only plugged into the hella socket?

Just thinking of batch cooking stuff at home, then just letting it heat the stuff up through the day as we don’t have a huge inverter and microwave in the truck…

Thoughts…■■?

I sometimes crack out the slow cooker when her indoors takes a wildcat strike. Takes hours to cook. Easy way to cook stuff. Don’t cook some types beans and pulses in it though, they dont get hot enough to kill the bacteria.

UKtramp:

dieseldog999:

ItsJoe:

UKtramp:

dieseldog999:

He has the humour of a paper towel. Completely dry and unfunny with its only use being to wipe up dog turd.

A new level of crap.

Goldfinger:

It’s rated at 120w so yes.

Harry Monk:

Goldfinger:

It’s rated at 120w so yes.

Ta.

I only got the inverter originally to run a laptop…