Slovenia help required

in need of some assistance, loading for slovenia and i’ve checked the stickies but nothing useful in there.
need to know can i drive sunday and whats the tax like? box or vignette? are they using euros?
thanks

welshboyinspain:
in need of some assistance, loading for slovenia and i’ve checked the stickies but nothing useful in there.
need to know can i drive sunday and whats the tax like? box or vignette? are they using euros?
thanks

Can’t help you with the Sunday driving question, but as most of the Countries it borders all have Sunday driving Bans, And Slovenia is quite small I doubt you’d gain much driving on a Sunday anyway.

It’s a couple of Years since I went ot Solvenia, but as far as I remember the Motorways are toll roads for HGV’s, but cars pay a tax system. you get to the toll booths and it has a car lane which I think just uses an ANPR type system to check you have tax and then a normal toll booth for trucks.

(I seem to recall the first time I went there it was a toll system for all vehicles, but they changed it, maybe to avoid queues at toll booths, it’s also one of my favourite Countires in Europe. Liked it so much hired a car one year to do a bit of sight seeing, to kill a bit of time waiting for the boat to get in to Trieste :smiley: )

They have been using Euros for a few years now, since 2008 I think.

I can get to the border from malaga on saturday but won’t have any hours left from 3 tachos so was wondering if i could run to my drop on sunday but if not just have to get up early monday.
thanks muckles i’ll be ok on the currency then and tolls will be paid on the cards so anybody got any other advice its all welcome :laughing:
my boss has put his foot down after 4 years of me dodging the loads to the east and i’ve been given the choice go, or go home for the week but he didn’t mean take a holiday :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it’s peage all the way in slovenia, and there are plenty of them.
All major fuel cards accepted
found this info,
,-Saturdays (from 15 June to 5 September)
-Sundays and public holidays
-Saturdays from 6am - 1pm
-Sundays and public holidays 6am - 10pm
-Good Friday from 2pm - 10pm
-Easter Monday from 6am - 10pm

here
transportsfriend.org/int/bans.html#Slovenia

Just got back on friday from Slovenia!!!
If it’s any help to ya it’s about 2 euros 50 for a large beer look! :wink:
As said on the motorways for anything over 7.5 tons it is a toll system- all below that are on the vignette system!

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
it’s peage all the way in slovenia, and there are plenty of them.
All major fuel cards accepted
found this info,
,-Saturdays (from 15 June to 5 September)
-Sundays and public holidays
-Saturdays from 6am - 1pm
-Sundays and public holidays 6am - 10pm

thanks for that fella

jacko22:
Just got back on friday from Slovenia!!!
If it’s any help to ya it’s about 2 euros 50 for a large beer look! :wink:

there is a good use for the euro, comparing beer prices with ease :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

here is from the info site the following

LINK

LINK-2

LINK-3

LINK-4

LINK-5 TO THE POLICE;

LINK-6

LINK-7
ONE or two are doubles of the driving bans from diffferant links but they all have good information,