Slooooooooooow

Is it just me? for the last couple of days this site has been very slow. :frowning: :frowning:

You mean Slow as in postings or slow as in loading ■■?

Slow in loading nick, never had problems with it until now, been like it the last couple of days.

cheers

John.

Here is the answer

You may have noticed that loading the forums is slow , the search function in built into the forums simply isnt working, so we have taken a different approach and are implementing a 3rd party search application to the forums

But we have run into a problem, which you may have noticed, the forums are running slower than a slow thing on a slow day
WHY
because we have to index over half a million posts for them to show up in the search results, and that indexing takes up the same server time as it uses to show you a page on the interweb thingy.

we can only ask you to bear with us while we try to get the search working effectively… please accept our apology for the disruption but it is a means to an end, a fully functional search option on the site benefits everyone

Thanks bubsy.

have there fixed it yet cos its getting very annoying it taking me up to six min to change page and some times, times me out

The search engine indexing should now be finished- hopoefully

There is a problem for guys using Virgin or BT, and possbly other providers, one of the “hops” seems to be timimg out a lot, this is nothing that we can control, the way your ISP routes you to this website is totally out of our hands. I have informed Virgin of the Issue but apart from that there is little we can do

Rikki-UK:
The search engine indexing should now be finished- hopoefully

There is a problem for guys using Virgin or BT, and possbly other providers, one of the “hops” seems to be timimg out a lot, this is nothing that we can control, the way your ISP routes you to this website is totally out of our hands. I have informed Virgin of the Issue but apart from that there is little we can do

hi rikki thanks for that can you tell me what’s the prob with BT as that my ISP

read the T&D and thank for putting me in there just think it going to be immortalise for ever with it been the 25th anniversary addition :slight_smile: