Slit Shift

Anyon settle an argument I was having with an O/D.
I said that taking a 3hr break through the day and a 9hr break for your daily rest would still count as a split shift. He says not.

A pint is resting on the answer :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

yes you can do that david as 3 and make 12 hours off but you must write it on the back of your card

I’m sure slicker will be along to confirm this

ps david can you txt me I’ve lost your number

Enjoy your pint.

A split shift consists of 2 or 3 periods of rest where the shortest is not less than 1 hour and the longest, and last, is at least 8 hours and together they should total 12 hours. In your scenario you have 2 breaks with the shortest at least 1 hour and the longest at least 8 hours and they total 12 hours so it ‘ticks all the boxes.’

alix776:
but you must write it on the back of your card

Nothing in the regulations say you must write it on the card. It may be a company requirement to make life easier for them or the tacho analysis company but there is no legal requirement to do so.

Tanks for the replys, you’d have thought he’d have known driving boxes :smiling_imp: , can’t wait for my pint Stella can be expensive :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

the idea is if you do get a pull its easy for tvosa to see what you have done should you have done it eash day thats all

alix776:
the idea is if you do get a pull its easy for tvosa to see what you have done should you have done it eash day thats all

WTF :wink: you post that whilst aneabriated :smiling_imp:

alix776:

Yes I get the idea behind it but there is no requiremnet to do it, so saying you must write it on the back isn’t correct.