Slightly off topic, but I feel sure one of you may be able t

Does anyone know what the drivers hours rules are, for gritting/winter maintenance please?

From GV262-2 - exemptions from EU regs

Vehicles used in connection with sewerage, flood protection, water, gas and electricity maintenance services, road maintenance or control, door-to-door household refuse collection or disposal, telegraph or telephone services, radio or television broadcasting and the detection of radio or television transmitters or receivers.

I wonder if this covers gritting and therefore puts it into domestic regs :question: :question: :question:

renaultman:
Does anyone know what the drivers hours rules are, for gritting/winter maintenance please?

i went to an interview with a well known motorway maintenance company the gritters that you would use log book which would make it domestic regs winter maintenance duties can mean you are allowed to work longer if your required as it classed as an emergency

Cheers chaps, they took the emergency loop hole off us I think? As we are on stand by therefor should be able to plan our hours :frowning: