Slight breeze and storm Henry

Sure as you know its quite windy atm.
Not having much fun driving my motorbike in essex but as it is my only form of transport I have to make do.

How are you guys in the trucks getting a long.
Would be particularly interested in if this is having any effect on curtainsiders/empty trucks.
Haven’t had any experience driving a truck in windy condition but when I drove my transit empty up to Peterborough the steering got very light and twitchy.

Its horrible when you’re light/empty.

You’ve not lived until you can feel the wheels lift! I’ve had a couple of brown trouser moments in the wind, and not just the stuff coming out of my arse.

The more inland you are the more you tend to escape. Try the Severn crossing in the wind, that’s fun.

I was out driving Thursday Night into Friday morning. Very stressful driving in horizontal rain and very strong winds. Road closures due to the wind only added to the stress.

Came up over Saddleworth Moor on the M62 yesterday afternoon with an empty curtain Def not fun but radio off keep watching and feeling take your time and keep a decent distance to everyone else.
Came over thurwell on the way back down to wolves guy in a polish curtainside transit just on the brow got blown from lane 1 to nearly all the way onto the hard shoulder in seconds poor bloke must have had a brown panter moment.

Any of you guys pulled over and just waited for it to chill?

I felt like that the other day on my motorbike, I my shoulder was killing me from trying keep the bike in lane.

My brown trouser moment was during that storm barney, and it was an all day thing so no point pulling over and waiting for it to die down. It was worse near the coast, died down a bit as I got back into England but then back towards Leicester it all kicked off again. It was my first bad wind experience when driving but to be fair to the office they asked me to ring and relay conditions