Sliding skelly pulled apart

Any one else see the MAN unit on the A406 nth circular rd at redbridge.the front half of the skel was still attached to the unit with a 20ft box still on the chasis and the axles broken off

No, but a picture would be lovely

not the first time a MAN tractor unit has pulled a sliding skelly apart, it happened a few months ago on the slip road from the Aston Expressway to the Pump Island in Birmingham :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It happened to a mate of mine in Leicester, about 5 yrs ago, though he had an FH :wink:

europleb:
Any one else see the MAN unit on the A406 nth circular rd at redbridge.the front half of the skel was still attached to the unit with a 20ft box still on the chasis and the axles broken off

I saw it, plod was standing there scratching his head,
I was surprised how far it had got from the wheels

kr79:

Luckily I was going t’other way,
Did you notice how far apart the 2 bit were■■?

Happened in Grangemouth a month or so ago too…

Drivers not checking pins perhaps?

I had an issue not long ago with a skelly and the O/S pin shot through the hole and just missed me, had my face been there a second longer I’d probably been KO’d or dead was quite a funny moment…

I then found out the pin was ‘tied’ to the piston by a piece of what seemed like fishing line for pike, quality mechanics I say, or a driver with a good head on him to doctor it to get home, pity not enough brain cells to defect it for the next day lol…

I did manage to re-tie it then had the brains to get the workshop to stick another bolt through it for the next guy

kr79:

If it wasn’t for the lack of bricks I’d say he had parked up in Liverpool lol

I saw it. Caused chaos and like said, the axles were a fair way back. Anyway, what you doing in a merc kev?

I have seen this happen in TIP the shunter brought the trailer round and exstended it,and it just fell apart.I have also had the pin shoot out due to a broken bolt,not quite as lucky as the previous poster as it struck me a glancing blow and bruised my ribs.If this hit you full on it would cause very serious injury/death.

OVLOV JAY:
I saw it. Caused chaos and like said, the axles were a fair way back. Anyway, what you doing in a merc kev?

Someone sent me the picture. Well hacked off ive just moved to cut down on traveling and it took me two hours to get home ffs

nw explorer:
I have seen this happen in TIP the shunter brought the trailer round and exstended it,and it just fell apart.I have also had the pin shoot out due to a broken bolt,not quite as lucky as the previous poster as it struck me a glancing blow and bruised my ribs.If this hit you full on it would cause very serious injury/death.

Some bloody force they come out with eh I was shocked, guess it wouldn’t be a problem if it was a slack fit in the hole, guess the pressure of both parts of the trailer biting on it just turns it into a missile… It’s a nice eye opener though (if it doesn’t connect with you) to make you aware of the damage that can be caused.

Thank god you’ve seen this happen too, just a dull one that it hit you but at least you are okay now. People were thinking I was crazy lol