Sliding canopies for trailers

hi i make the rhino sliding body and am the original manufacturer of it ,it can be built on steel carriers or step frames in fact any trailer i am in warwickshire j12 m4o after downsizing please contact see wb site o’gorman industries limited , very competative now as building at home so little overheads but still top quality regards robbie

I am looking for the supplier of sliding canopies for trailers the type that was used to cover coils, or the type used by the safe removal companies full length that would pass as a curtainsider, think they were called slidaflex, have googled it but all the companies seem to be in the states or the antipodes

Do you mean (by the second type) the Schmitz euroliners like the ones I pull? It has a sliding roof.

I read it to mean more like the canopied steel trailers. Willie’s been around long enough to know what a Euroliner is. :wink:

Try asking Kate, Wilie, I think her company use them. :bulb:

there is a company down stratford way that does them a company i used to work for had one fitted i think it’s rhino bodies iirc i will have a think and see if i can drag up ma number or website :sunglasses:

stronghold.co.uk/totalslider.asp#

Give Owens, Llanelli a ring, they’ve got shed-loads of them.

01554 754465 ask for Huw Owen.

Thanks one and all, And just to clear things up I WAS BORN BEFORE THE EUROLINER !!!

A couple of years ago I was a trailer boy and I would have just loved a tautliner or euroliner , but my boss was to busy importing a new fangled type of truck it was called a volvo F86 !!! God bless Jim Mackelvie, the best bit was he went out to sweden to import Scanias they knocked him back so while he had a few hours spare he thought he would give Volvo a call and that was how Ailsa Trucks was born in Barrhead.

You could always try Lawrence David in Peterborough, they would make you anything you want.

Hi Willie

Give my employers a call A.Hingley Transport 01384262221.
We have recently taken over AHP trailers now known as AHG. We make slida- flex trailers as well as many others. Very good coil carriers.

Slidaflex was designed by a transport consultant based from the Norwich area originally for rail wagons. He licensed the building of them for road use to Nortec Bodies in Telford, who built them for many years on whoevers’ chassis you supplied, but being mainly coilers the majority went on either M&G, AHP or Castle. Some years ago Ian Norman sold Nortec to Boalloy, who then tookover Slidaflex production, now whether Mr. Stobart will still build you one I have no idea. There were a couple of copies of the Slidaflex, the Rhino one has been mentioned and DonBur also do one, but in my opinion they are both inferior to the Slidaflex.

If you are carrying coils or similar nothing comes close to the ease and speed of a Slidaflex. For anything on pallets, they are a total nightmare! For a start off the tracks lose you about 4inchs of floor width, and because they run on the bottom, as opposed to a curtain, if you have any movement at all, they jam solid.

Lucy:
I read it to mean more like the canopied steel trailers. Willie’s been around long enough to know what a Euroliner is. :wink:

Try asking Kate, Wilie, I think her company use them. :bulb:

Sorry, I’ve had my head in the sand for the last few days for obvious reasons, so I missed this topic completely.

Correct, we do use them. but I can’t add much to whats been said already.

The company “down Stratford way”, is at Wellesbourne, and IIRC is Rhino.

I’m glad to read the post by gareth2293, as our old chap is loathe to buy anything except AHP. Maybe now I’ll get a new trailer. :smiley: