sleeping

does anybody find it difficult to sleep at night in a truck mine has nt got aircon the heat coming off the engine when you park up and switch off is unbearable even with windows wide open.this of course is a summer related question.

Sammydog! Try daytime! :imp:

sammy dog:
does anybody find it difficult to sleep at night in a truck mine has nt got aircon the heat coming off the engine when you park up and switch off is unbearable even with windows wide open.this of course is a summer related question.

I sleep like a baby, my air-con makes my cab like a fridge so have to wear socks to bed…its terrible :wink:

Just let sleeping dogs lie

SAMMY

coca cola kid:
Just let sleeping dogs lie awake most of the night

SAMMY

I know what its like never had more than 3 1/2 hrs sleep but for the last six year i only get 1 - 1 1/2 hrs & many nights i don’t get any

Get a small fan fitted,
I just used a screw from the top bunk (or whereever) and used a feed from one of the reading lamps, alternatively get the workshop to fit it properly :wink:

If you sweet talk the boss he might even buy it for ya, especially if you mention its too hot and will have to run the engine all night to keep the aircon on :wink:

Open the front grill,if there is any breeze it will help the heat go away.

coca cola kid:
& many nights i don’t get any

You’re not the only one :wink: :laughing:

Got taught an old trick yrs ago and it does work costs nowt
when you have had your shower just place the damp towel or a damp towel over your body it will draw some of the heat from you and the towel dries at the same time

dessy:
Sammydog! Try daytime! :imp:

Ugh did that for about 3-4 yrs. It’s awful … Spent many a time with the engine running and aircon on. Trunking parcels at EMA for DHL. On your return you could go home if you like on the grounds you were not fully rested but on half pay :unamused: . Dossing in the canteen won hands down :laughing:

I see now they have carvan type cool air pods on the roofs now.Long overdue.

Try having a ‘wafty crank’?.. Tends to make me sleepy :laughing:

Was in Italy last week…Nearly 40 degrees at night. Engine running with the aircon on. Only way to sleep.
Opened bonnet to let the heat out.

GCR2ERF:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72668

Unless your double manned :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

billybigrig:

GCR2ERF:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72668

Unless your double manned :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :laughing: :smiley: :laughing: :smiley: :laughing: :smiley: :laughing: