Sleeping in cab on ferry

truckertang:

Martin:
Not a chance, just a crazy idea to even think about staying on the car deck on a ferry…

Have you guys forgot the Herald Of Free Enterprise??

And also why would you think about working in a office block.

Have you people forgotten about the twin towers■■?

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hahahahahahahahaha that’s brilliant!

Ferries rarely sink. Trailers rarely get tipped against each other. Fires rarely happen. Fumes rarely escape from hazardous loads. But those risks are still present.
These risks of harm may be low but they are avoidable.
I believe the Brittany policy is one chance only: if you’re caught in the cab your employer is told. If caught 2nd time you will be refused passage again. Easy to check when your passport is scanned.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Glad i dont have to worry about it anymore, got enough to worry about as Southampton’s docks aee closed due to fog and im due in London at 1000…

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

JAKEY:
Why would you not want to chill out upstairs on deck ? or use the toilet,watch tv ,shopping ? and just get away from the truck for a few paid hours ,you could use the cabin or not use it , or even talk yes Talk to some one !!! (that’s my view) I have sailed hundreds of times )

I’ll use Dover to Calais as an example.

The food is dreadful, I can hold it in for the duration and if I did need to go I would go beforehand, watching TV not of my choosing in a foreign language doesn’t interest me, I don’t speak any EE language so not much chance of a conversation, during the day the decks are polluted with doddering old ■■■■■ and herds of screaming snottery brats and at night every comfortable corner is taken up by some foreigner with a poor grasp of personal hygiene and his boots off.

Or I could sleep peacefully for an hour and a half.

If I don’t need a sleep I’ll sometimes go upstairs at night for a shower.

TheUncaringCowboy:

JAKEY:
Why would you not want to chill out upstairs on deck ? or use the toilet,watch tv ,shopping ? and just get away from the truck for a few paid hours ,you could use the cabin or not use it , or even talk yes Talk to some one !!! (that’s my view) I have sailed hundreds of times )

I’ll use Dover to Calais as an example.

The food is dreadful, I can hold it in for the duration and if I did need to go I would go beforehand, watching TV not of my choosing in a foreign language doesn’t interest me, I don’t speak any EE language so not much chance of a conversation, during the day the decks are polluted with doddering old ■■■■■ and herds of screaming snottery brats and at night every comfortable corner is taken up by some foreigner with a poor grasp of personal hygiene and his boots off.

Or I could sleep peacefully for an hour and a half.

If I don’t need a sleep I’ll sometimes go upstairs at night for a shower.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
thats the winner for the reality of it.
the car deck doors are always locked from topside,but you can always get out from the deck itself as that side is never locked.
peace and quiet after 10 mins once the car alarms settle down,or tortured with a constant noisy rabble…the decision is a doddle either way.

Martin:
Not a chance, just a crazy idea to even think about staying on the car deck on a ferry…

Have you guys forgot the Herald Of Free Enterprise??

If someone was down there maybe they could have raised the alarm as it was filling with water?

alex17595:
If someone was down there maybe they could have raised the alarm as it was filling with water?

By the time they had it would have been too late …