Real Driving Emissions (RDE) Not available
Export marker No
Vehicle status Untaxed
Vehicle colour BLUE
Vehicle type approval Not available
Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY
Revenue weight 7490 kg
Date of last V5C (logbook) issued 8 October 1985

I drove it late 79, it was part exd in 1980 for a brand new 190/30 Fiat.
A much better truck than the TK.
The Fiat had about 18’’ space behind the seats top to bottom of cab, that was my ‘‘sleeper cab’’. (I was a lot thinner in those days :smiley: .) but as I said there was no interior insulation on inner cab wall just bare metal, so condensation made your bed wet. :unamused:

What I would do is get a sheet of wood,maybe pine and cut it in 4 pieces and then put hinges on them and join them up.Then some sort of gate catches to make sure it stays straight once it is in the sleeping position.Then buy some foam,there are some shops that sell mainly just foam and then a sheet and blanket .Its a lot of workbut would be worth it if this was a long term situation.And depending if you have to carry the contraption to work or have somewhere to leave it.The good thing about this is you can make it as long and wide as suitable.
I know what you mean about nightshift.Even 20 minute naps are better than coffee

robroy:
Hammock for inside day cab truck, for tired drivers, by Highway Hammocks | eBay

Not sure if she comes included but there ya go. :smiley:

And if you work for a firm who cares they may even buy you it.

I think that it would probably be quite cramped, as hammocks tend to be 11ft-12ft long + the ropes, and cabs ain’t much wider then 8ft. Some of the hammocks I own are 13ft long as you don’t sleep banana fashion in a hammock, you sleep diagonally (head left, feet right etc) in them to enable you to lay flat. Although there’s a “bridge” style hammock available that has spreader bars in the ends to allow you to lay straight in.
I’ve seen hammocks thrown in the back of trucks where there’s more space, but with the forthcoming winter I wouldn’t want to be sleeping in the back without serious insulation

If the driver is so tired he cannot do a single shift without a bunk, he needs to see a doctor, laying across the seats with a cushion is more than enough for a nap.

Maybe the title needs an edit, or take your sleeping bag into the warehouse and grab a couple of pallets in the corner!

On a 45 I have no prob putting seat back and sleeping sat position. Tbh I can sleep on a washing line! V occasionally get a cab with a bed for a day run and yes it’s luxury, feel like a proper trucker then [emoji1787]

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

During the war, we slept under the tank between the tracks, handy if you could blag a bit of parachute to wrap yourself up in! :slight_smile: