Sleeping in a moving truck

If after 4.5 hours driving , driver 2 gets behind wheel and starts his shift, can driver 1 then get on bunk ,pull up the netting/straps and go to sleep ready for his next shift?

I.m probably miles away here but i think a 2nd driver can take a 45 in a moving truck but not an end of shift break
But im probably completely wrong :smiley:

Yes

Yep,
Been a decade or two but the ex missus and I double cabbed lots back then, dont think regs are that different.

j.gooch:
If after 4.5 hours driving , driver 2 gets behind wheel and starts his shift, can driver 1 then get on bunk ,pull up the netting/straps and go to sleep ready for his next shift?

You can only take a break on a moving truck, not a rest period, but you can go to sleep, play with yourself or use a rubber doll with or without safety netting :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
… or use a rubber doll with or without safety netting :stuck_out_tongue:

Do rubber dolls come with safety netting or is it an added extra ?

Wheel Nut:

j.gooch:

You can only take a break on a moving truck, not a rest period

So i was kind of right?

chaversdad:

Wheel Nut:

j.gooch:

So i was kind of right?

If you meant his next shift to mean the next stint behind the wheel then yes

ROG:

chaversdad:

Wheel Nut:

j.gooch:

So i was kind of right?

If you meant his next shift to mean the next stint behind the wheel then yes

Yes I was going to question that terminology, many people confuse breaks and rest, maybe it is the same with shift and stint.

These blokes manage well enough youtu.be/u9GubNBf9Ac

Two drivers taking alternating shifts at the wheel
Two drivers taking alternating stints at the wheel
Two drivers taking alternating turns at the wheel
All meaning the same thing but done during the end of one rest period and the start of the next rest period

Love that video, been on here before.