Sleeping bag or quilt

What do you use on nights out, I use a 13.5 tog king size quilt warped round me carnt get on with sleeping bags also never need to have night heater on once in bed

Depends, if its only a night out here and there I use my Sleeping bag (nice wide one bought it from a Truck stop) but if I’m full time tramping then Duvet and sheet without a doubt.

Sheet and duvet
Never been able to get on with a sleeping bag

No question sheet and a quilt for me easier to wash as well oh and a double memory foam matrass is a must too and 3 pillows :smiley:

Sleeping bag.

When I lived in a lorry I liked 4 wooden carved posts at each corner. And I had my morning coffee on a teasmaid.

Nah, it’s was a rubbish sheet and duvet that had moved in and out of the wagon so many times of a weekend into my vauxhall nova boot, it would’ve been cleaner to sleep on the cat walk. I was a “Das Boot” stylee - smell of diesel and covered in oil all week - type of truck driver. I picked that up off my Dad. If I did it these days I’d be a ■■■■ sight cleaner and lady friendly :smiley:

A mattress topper in place of a sheet and a quilt for me, it all comes home every time I come back off a trip and gets washed.

I carry a sleeping bag too, but that’s only extra protection for emergencies, it gets pretty cold where I go as you can see from this pic I took yesterday…

Bottom sheet then quilt then me then another quilt. :slight_smile:
Order is flexible depending on the temp!

Sheet and quilt for me , egyptian cotton of course. Not sure of the tog rating as im a bloke.

sheet and quilt sleeping bags are for tents!

bazstan009:

Same as that.

altitude:

bazstan009:

Same as that.

^^ ^^ ^^
Ditto .

The sleeping bag has to leave in the morning, so i can crack on with a days work :grimacing:

Does anybody else find night heaters are so loud they keep you awake? They sound like a 747 spooling up its engines to me.

098Joe:
Does anybody else find night heaters are so loud they keep you awake? They sound like a 747 spooling up its engines to me.

Guess you’d better not do fridge work then :laughing:

Sleeping bag as i only do nights out every so often, probably would have to be duvet etc if i was a 4-5 night a week tramper.

Never done tramping, but on the occasional night out I use a double duvet folded in half so bottom half makes the bunk a bit softer. I don’t hear the night heater over the fridge, but either way, I find a constant background noise makes it easier to sleep.

On one occasion when I wasn’t expecting a night out I slept under a hi viz and a load of blue roll that we keep in the cab for cleaning. Even managed to make a pillow out of it. It was a crap night.

I am greedy, I have my own truck (not own my own its the companies :laughing: ) anyway I have two pillows and a quilt and a sleeping bag, the bag is a carp fishing sleeping bag that is huge and not mummy shaped with zips both sides so it can be opened in summer to ultra coolness :sunglasses:

Quilt, sleeping bag broke up with me last year… :laughing:

This time of the year its got to be a thick double duvet, half underneath me & the rest wrapped over the top of me, nice & snug :grimacing: I find night heaters give me a cold by morning so I don’t bother using them.
summer time I use a sleeping bag, though I don’t zip it up , I wriggle about too much & get jammed up in it :blush: :blush:

Don’t do nights out anymore, too old for that lark but when I did it was as many togs as possible, I like togs!!

Where the hell were you newmercman when you took that pic, don’t think I’d survive -30c