Sleeper Pods

truckerjames123:
Hi

I never had the chance to drive a lorry with a sleeper pod on top of the cab.

Has anyone got any pics of inside the cabs and inside the actual sleeper pod because i never been in a cab that has one above it.

Any photos welcome

James

why on earth would you want to,personally I have allways thought they were dangerous

done a 2 day moving job once to stratford on avon involving one night out and two vehicles,we all went to a pub,came back without the foreman,he turns up 30 min later,pxxxxd out of his head,everyone else bought back fish and chips he bought back a stinking curry,guess who had to share the cab with him all night,i hate curry as well,lol

Scunthorpe,N.Lincs. 24/6/12.

Grimsby 16/09/2012.

bugcos:
I had a P reg Daf 95 on Stobarts, with a top pod, never had any nights out in it but there seemed to be plenty of room up there.

I had a M-reg one at Stobarts & i was out all week ( sometimes 2 weeks).
Loads of space, although i’d had an FL10 beforehand.

Scunthorpe,this morning. Serbian.

Hi

I never had the chance to drive a lorry with a sleeper pod on top of the cab.

Has anyone got any pics of inside the cabs and inside the actual sleeper pod because i never been in a cab that has one above it.

Any photos welcome

James

I know not the inside but here’s one of are old ones :wink: :smiley:
From what i can remember from my younger days playing in a spare one in are yard its a small hatch you climb through and theres just a bed and a few shelves in them. :smiley:

sadly no interior pix but had an F10 with an Estepe conversion while I drove for David Croome in the mid nineties, very nice indeed, lots of room up there and easy access to the body roof for sunbathing! The same conversion on later FH12’s wasn’t so good due to the latter’s day cab being a bit shorter, and this was noticeable. I’ve since seen the inside of Volvo’s Eurotrotter, and although its an all steel crash tested design I’d opt for the Estepe version. Just a thought, maybe try estepe.nl for some inside shots, you never know.

same as rest, no inside shots im afraid but couple of motors with the pods on.

Have a look in the cabbie bunk thread, page three of the old time lorrie forum

iv a pic of the inside of a one but dunno where it is among the amount of pics i have.

Dont know what is more Ugly…

the Cargo or the bedford… :smiley: :smiley:

think i got an Gas tanker … Man somewhere… need to dig it out…

man-tga:
Dont know what is more Ugly…

the Cargo or the bedford… :smiley: :smiley:

think i got an Gas tanker … Man somewhere… need to dig it out…

Your right there, no matter what they were on they were always ugly.

The Pride of London would come in handy if you got delayed on the North Circular :stuck_out_tongue:

Iv always wanted to know this question too :blush: lol

Guessing the hatch entrance is up through where the sunroof would be? If it is do you have to close the flap shut and lay the bed down on top of the hatch entrance? :confused:

Also how do you climb up ? i imagine this to be a bit like a loft in a house lol

ajt:
Iv always wanted to know this question too :blush: lol

Guessing the hatch entrance is up through where the sunroof would be? If it is do you have to close the flap shut and lay the bed down on top of the hatch entrance? :confused:

Also how do you climb up ? i imagine this to be a bit like a loft in a house lol

To get up usually pull yerself up, ■■■■■■■ struggle when i was a kid.

The hatch yea your correct thats where it was. But the bed in the pod on the Bedford nah didnt have to lay across it, just was across at the back, the hatch would be more forward at the pod not in the middle. Yea they look ugly on vehicles, but id rather have that pod on bedford than sleep on the tiny back shelf next to cold glass window at night. Wasn’t much warmer in the pod come to think of it.

The cargo pod is smaller, i cant remember really how the layout in there was but wasnt much room as you can see. Proper bone shaker that motor was, fast tho :slight_smile:

I remember another removal company next to the yard had some old Leyland which had not a pod, but what like they have now days ermmm cant think. but that had little twirl stairs in the back up to it.

I had a P reg Daf 95 on Stobarts, with a top pod, never had any nights out in it but there seemed to be plenty of room up there.

The pictures are not great but will give an idea of whats in the pods and how to get in to them!!

As you can see the pod is above the cab

You can see where the sunroof normally is, there is a hole which leads to this…

When you get up in the pod you have a bunk running accross the back wall under which is storage and there is also a bunk running accross the front of the truck.

Like I said, hopefullyit will give an idea of what they are like.