Sleeper conversion

I have managed to get myself into the position where I need, and can afford a new van. I often do massive milages, and have got fed up with paying for hotels and B&B’s, or sleeping across the seats if desperate.

On a trip to Gibralter a couple of years ago I saw a fella with a sleeper cab conversion on his Sprinter, not a pod on the top of the cab, or the original bulkhead removed, and a ply wood mess constructed, this one seemed as if the bulkhead had been cut and a fold away bunk had been put in the resulting space. Does anyone know of a company that does this type of conversion, I cant find anything on the internet, and my merc dealer has never heard of it.

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Hatcher components do the sliding bulkheads with one or two bunks fitted. Would guess they would be quite expensive but probably cost effective over time. Certainly look the part.

http://www.ilston.net/bulkheads.php?makeS=Mercedes

Try here - ilston.net/bulkheads.php?makeS=Mercedes

Give MARKEN global couriers a ring, they run LHD sprinters with a bunk behind the seat. When i spoke to one of their drivers in bracknell, he was off to ATHENS in it!!

from memory the hatcher is 1800 quid inc night heater fitted and youll need to let them have the van for a day if your buying new could be well worth a look im told they are well worth it could depend on the model of van

I used to have a photo or 2 with a bulkhead that slide back and could offer another set of seats or/and a bunk, when not using it it slide back to the normal position. I have a couple of enthusiastic DIY attempts.

This looks like a Renault option and this is its closed state.

and sleeping state. I would have thought if you are long legged this is a cramped option, but better than the seats.

very home made, but simple I think.

another effort :open_mouth:

im after a second hand sleeper pod for a sprinter if anyone knows of one cheers carl

I had an Hatcher one in a VW sprinter very good, but when i got my own van, i built my own for 100 quid very simple and it folded out to a single or double bed.

I’m looking to get back into that sort of work if anyone knows where, either as an owner driver or employed.