Slap My Top - Alex Lester

Good Evening one and all.

Standard Greeting! Standard Reply!

Does anyone listen to Alex Lester in the Morning (Radio 2)

I’ve been listening to him on and off for a few years now and think he has a great dry wit. When I was on nights as a shunter most of the taughtliner trailers which came in left with a sock on the back of it.

The odd couple is one of the best segments I send in texts but I have never had one read out yet. He must have thousands who send in phone calls and texts

As an agency driver I normally retune the radio into Radio 2 but a good 90% of the time I don’t have to. Radio 2 is on all day or all night depending.

You can always listen to it again. From the website

Slap my Top

:confused: He is still great, but, I’m getting sick of him playing that crap music whilst he tries to talk over it, but you can’t hear him. I have to turn it off for a while til he’s done that section. :imp: :unamused:

I prefer Janice Long, great music.

Wayne.

Jance has a dirty laugh

radio 2 garbage

im still young you know, get a bit of kerrang on

rock on :smiling_imp:

jon

I’m only 34…and going on 90 :laughing:

I prefer Janice Long

Spoke to Janice this year/last year, (Can’t remember which.) when Hazel O Connor was on,and got my question asked to Hazel by the lady herself.

And yes,she has some great tunes on,but alas I no longer hear her as my shifts have changed since then. :frowning:

Ken.

jonboy:
radio 2 garbage

im still young you know, get a bit of kerrang on

rock on :smiling_imp:

jon

Agreed, but can’t get it round here unless it’s through t’interweb :frowning: .

Alex Lester Great…
Janice Long good…

helped me cope with many boring nights and waits…

:sunglasses: :laughing:

Usually listening to this http://www.themikemendozashow.co.uk/ If im up that late :frowning::(:(…

I cant be doing with all that music on the radio a bit of topical debate keeps me awake.

im with jonboy and rob k kerrang radio and now im at home kerrang tv :laughing:

Janice Long does my ■■■■ in! She had a holiday a few weeks ago and Liz Kershaw stood in for her, much better!

I’ve started to listen to Radio 4 a well now, the stories are great and world news is intersting.

But Alex gets switched on at 3.00 :smiley:

Im only 29 and have listened to Radio 2 for years :blush: :blush:

Alex Lester is great,and should get more recognition than he gets,considering that ■■■■ wit ■■■■ est (how the ■■■■ does she get away with it)Sarah kennedy gets an award from the Queen for services to broadcasting. :confused: :confused: :unamused: :unamused: :angry:

Lester does a 3 hour show on his own without the help of anyone else like wogan,bruce and tediously annoying steve wright who all apart from wogan would not have a funny show without the others in the studio to bounce of the banter with.

I detested Alex Lester with a passion, full of bull from " big bad night time trunkers" :unamused: giving it the big bad trucker routine , pure and utter rubbish.
Slap my top :unamused: anyone who has that on the back of their trailer deserves to be shot.
I listen to Talk Sport most of day and sometimes Radio 4 for the comedy shows at 6.30 pm and Archers omnibus :blush: