who knows anything about this free phone service throught broadband i herd about it bout 3month ago on bbc radio but couldnt remember the name of the service i knew about (vonage) nd its name expensive service and knew about this but not its name tell me wot you think

and yes i know it was bought out by ebay two days ago for 2.7 billion upfront

i use it if any 1 downloads it my user name is scottpea tell me wot you think in a free phone call

its an excellent program with a far superior audio than any other program!

i use it to talk to my sis in italy and my mates in the uk

:slight_smile:

Cattleman:
its an excellent program with a far superior audio than any other program! :slight_smile:

Agreed!!

The only downfall I have with it is it is not yet popular enough. Once more people switch on to the idea of VoIP, it will be even better!!! :sunglasses:

yes and this program has been around a long time lol
think i first got it about 3 years ago :smiley:

The funny thing is that eBay bought Skype because Skype reaches parts of the world that eBay hasn’t even been heard of!! :confused:

Supposidly, eBay reaches 3.5 million people mostly in N. America & Europe whereas Skype reaches 10 million people worldwide especially the Asian continent! :open_mouth:

The business (experts) advisors to eBay were against buying Skype, stating that the same impact could’ve easily have been achieved with a ‘co-operation’ licensing agreement, but without forking out so much money.

When eBay bought PayPal, that was a different proposition altogether, bearing in mind that a large percentage of eBay payments were already going through PayPal.

:unamused:

thanx for the comments on it i have always wanted free calss or almost free witch i can now get

I’ve heard of it too butnever tried it. Where can I get free download of it ?

I use messenger quite a lot so it would be good to talk instead of type.

www.skype.com

simple as that lol :wink:

Cattleman:
www.skype.com

simple as that lol :wink:

I’ve got it now :sunglasses: .

Heard about it on a French website a couple of days ago. Checked their site and I’m definitely going for it just as soon as I get back from Blighty with the mike that I bought on ebay for a quid.
On the question of needing other people to be on, what about Skypeout? This enables you to connect to an ordinary telephone at vastly reduced rates. From here to almost anywhere for just over a penny a minute. Better even than my current international rates by phone at about 4.5p.

Salut, David.

Spardo:
Heard about it on a French website a couple of days ago. Checked their site and I’m definitely going for it just as soon as I get back from Blighty with the mike that I bought on ebay for a quid.
On the question of needing other people to be on, what about Skypeout? This enables you to connect to an ordinary telephone at vastly reduced rates. From here to almost anywhere for just over a penny a minute. Better even than my current international rates by phone at about 4.5p.

Salut, David.

There’s a post about it somewhere Dave. It’s not as good as you might be lead to believe. I’ll have a look round and see if I can find it because I can’t remember where I saw it now. It was on some money saving website I was reading. I’ll come back to you.

Here you go Dave.

:slight_smile:

Rob, really sorry, can’t think how I managed to miss that last post of yours. Can’t even use travelling as the excuse as for 3 days in ■■■■■■■ I caught up on my son’s PC.

However. I bought the mike and downloaded the Skype. Trouble is don’t know anyone to call :cry: Will try the above posters if their usernames are the same. Did you sign up?

Checked out the Skypeout thing but as it needs €10 minimum payment and expires after 6 months, for my level of usage it’s cheaper to stay where I am at 6.5c/min.

It wouldn’t let me use Spardo, so my username is my old TNet one. BondiTram. Give us a call. Someone :cry: . I need to test it. When I did the automated test my voice didn’t sound too good.

Salut, David.

There are other VOIP (Voice Over Intenet Protocol) providers, I use a system called SIP, it has various providers but can be used like a normal phone. I have a normal phone plugged into a little box that is then plugged into my router, It gives me a 2nd phone line (Business) with an 0845 number for £5 a month, calls are cheaper then BT during the day and international calls are very cheap, all in all I save at least £20 a month by using it. Worth thinking about as it can call any normal phone, and if you know people who are on a partner network then the calls are free.

smcaul thanks for this info i shall have a look at this also
a look cost nothing

No luck with any of you lot but this morning I’ve had my first call on Skype :smiley: .
A bloke not too far from here who I only know through a French website called me up (in answer to my posted plea) and we chatted away for over an hour. Although both retired from nowhere near the same professions, we found a lot in common, mostly Australia.
Anyway, his voice was very clear as long as he faced the mike and mine was understandable although less than top quality. Much as I suspected with a cheapo mike from ebay, but if I get to use it a bit more regularly I’ll invest up market a little :unamused: .

Now who’s next to give BondiTram a call?

Salut, David.

i tryed calling you but now happened i am normaly on for about 5pm till midnite my username is on the top post in one of the bottem lines

Did a search for scottpea, Mouse, but came up with nothing.
Where are you? In the UK?

Salut, David.

I talk to Alex and Jim through it a lot. It’s pretty good and clearer than talking on the phone.

i will try a serch for you to see wot i can get