*Sky News Report*-immigrants in Calais

It was good to see the Sky news report about the dangers with the Illegal Immigrant problem in Calais,especially on how dangerous it is now for the drivers as the gangs use so much violence in their desperation to get ways across the channel.
They were even threatened themselves by some of the immigrants as they were trying to get into trailers as the drivers were sleeping.

Well worth watching lads,I had 8 of them in my trailer once and a baby that was only a few months old and I was going on the train :open_mouth:
I shudder to think what that journey would of done to that infant,after that I kinda lost the interest in doing the continent.
Sean

Here is the link to the video

Video

I came in on the Dieppe - Newhaven boat last Thursday night, and there was not a single check on any of the wagons prior to boarding the boat, I guess the immigrants will just starting moving to other Ports when they find out how lacking the security measures are.

tc trans:
I came in on the Dieppe - Newhaven boat last Thursday night, and there was not a single check on any of the wagons prior to boarding the boat, I guess the immigrants will just starting moving to other Ports when they find out how lacking the security measures are.

I used to cross on ‘Transmanche’ N’haven - Dieppe regularly and without fail was searched 8 out of 10 times in France when waiting to board the ferry.

They would wake you up at 2am as the boat was unloading and go through your trailer, once there was 4 of them and the girl searched the cab while another wandered off with my passport. After about 40 mins of this they went to pester another English driver.

Next morning driving off the Sardinia Vera and waiting in the queue for passport controll at Newhaven I realised the to55er hadn’t given me my passport back. I explained this to the special branch bloke and he was happy with my explanation and had a butchers at my licence and waved me through.

I went to the T’manche office and they phoned French customs who knew nothing about it, the passport arrived in the post 6 days later in an envelope with no explanation, just a note on the back “send to passport office if not at this address”.

Things must have changed since then, that was last Feb.

Ross.

Thats a very eye opening report, all those breaches just within half an hour!

I have friend who works at Immigration at Newhaven he says they do their best but they just don’t have the resources to check everything. Also pressures from up the chain are to catch more drugs and people bringing in too many ■■■■ rather than the immigrants.

Alex

Trip wire controlled machine guns and land mines would do the trick.

I find it very strange that only sky found the incidents important enough to report on. The bbc and itv never mentioned it,i find it disgusting that lads are under threat of being murdered just by doin their job,and all bbc can report on is bent politicians,and worse still itv im a celebrity get me out of here.But lets face it no gov. gives a ■■■■ about truckers look how the buck has been passed to the truckers to make sure you have no illegals in your truck.You cant win ,if you find any you chance being attacked,if you dont find any you get fined £2000 a piece for em.Good luck lads stay safe.

regards dave

What about the Goverment or C&E giving the driver £2000 for every stowaway they find on their vehicles■■?
regards derek

trucking482002:
What about the Goverment or C&E giving the driver £2000 for every stowaway they find on their vehicles■■?
regards derek

How about £2000 for their skins :laughing:

It’s not just abroad though is it. You risk your neck every time you take out a load of anything that is easily saleable in this lawless country. (except plenty of driving laws that is)

[quote="I had 8 of them in my trailer once and a baby that was only a few months old and I was going on the train :open_mouth:
I shudder to think what that journey would of done to that infant,after that I kinda lost the interest in doing the continent.
Sean[/quote]

I know the feeling sean, same crack happened to me a few years back, it was only 1 though on the trailer axles, came on the boat and was checked by security in calais. Only ventured as far as portsmouth since.

It makes me wonder why they spend so much time at the folkstone end of the tunnel doing x ray and vehicle checks. How many immigrants are trying to escape to France :stuck_out_tongue:

Unless there are simple people exporting cheap baccy and wine

thurs morning at about 430 i fueled up at the calais IDS on route to docks i hade to stop to give way to another truck turning left at the bottom of the road,

it was pitch black and in my door mirror coulld make out about 5 or 7 people running out the bushes,in that 10 or 15 seconds 2 had managed to get in the back of my trailer but thier helpers didnt have enough time to close the door

went straight to security in calais and parked up next to a ploe who spoke perfect english and explained he was told to put 7 in his trailer at the ELF garage that night he agreed but did same as me.1 hour later the police came loaded um in a van and took um away to try again tonight.

On the night of 25/26th Nov a driver was stabbed at Calais, he is in serious condition, people have been banging on about this for years and no one speaks up or reports it. The MP Damien Green has been asking for these incidents to sent to him please do so because someone is going to wind up dead. contact him on greend@parliament.uk

I wonder what HSE would say about all this. when they first introduced the fines I wrote to them expressing my concernes with regard to the risks of aproching clandestines they gave a ref number, but I lost it and nerer got a reply