Skips, whats doing skips like?

Hay all, looking into skip work now. Not done it befor.Was woundering what it was like and what the money and hours were from anyones expirance ?

How many skips is kind of expected in a a day ? is it a hight arrgo job with loads of arguing and confict with over filling and cars blocking skips in, wrong stuff in it etc ? how do you know if the skip is to heavy ? can you break the hudrolics on the lifting aquipment ? any feed back will be good. many thanks all.

Did a stint years ago and don’t imagine things have changed that much… it can be stressful at times dealing with the general public about overloading, dodgy chemicals etc. also most skips I delivered had to be off public roads so generally in a drive way which can be a pain getting some in/ out, depending on the size. How many is difficult to say as it depends on time of year and area: winter and in a small town won’t be that many, but spring in a bigger city can see you on the go constantly.

Weight wise, you’ll get used to the sound of the hydraulics under real strain and it’s a bit like a forklift: test lift and see how you figure it from the strain. You can pop pipes if they aren’t maintained well.

Thanks for the feed back andy, I thought that might be kind of how it is. It seems stright farward to start with, but when u think it throw and all the probelsm that can happend. its sound smore trouble then oits worth. althow some must love it im sure. I saw a skip being picked up once and the hold frount of the cab was lifted in the air. guy was a pro show, seemed to just get away with it.

Skips, whats doing skips like ?

It’s a load of rubbish!

Sorry, couldn’t resist and I’m amazed nobody beat me too it.

One of the best jobs I had on class 2, can be challenging and stressful when your blocking off a entire Road to remove a skip or exchange one…

You soon learn all the tricks to make it easier for yourself, and I’ve had some right treasures out of a few…

Weight wise it’s hit and miss, as a general rule if you was filling it with soil you was only allowed a 8yard skip! If you like a challenge and feel you can get a wagon anywhere I say go for it!