Ski international

Guesty Ski Int.Tpt 001 (640x465).jpg[attachment=0]Guesty%20Ski%20Int.Tpt%20001%20(640x465).jpg[/attachment]anybody out there remember ski international Manchester 1970s-80s

Guesty44:
anybody out there remember ski international Manchester 1970s-80s

That was Kieth Rayner (R.I.P.) was,nt it ? I think his brother John was there too.

Archie Paice:

Guesty44:

That was Kieth Rayner (R.I.P.) was,nt it ? I think his brother John was there too.

Hiya archie I think your right.We sub-contracted of them for time.i have pic parked in concorezzo bot can’ t seem to get
them on.I learnt a lot from them it was my very first time going out there.

Guesty44:

Don’t no how I managed to get this pic on. clickin an clickin there “eh” archie
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
guesty :unamused:

Anyone remember any of these Bowker Lads of the good days.
I bet mushroomman will.

Guesty44:
[attachment=0]Guesty%20Ski%20Int.Tpt%20001%20(640x465).jpg[/attachment]anybody out there remember ski international Manchester 1970s-80s

Guesty44:

Guesty44:
[attachment=0]Guesty%20Ski%20Int.Tpt%20001%20(640x465).jpg[/attachment]anybody out there remember ski international Manchester 1970s-80s

Going back to SKI Transport, Manchester - it was Steve Keller International (SKI) with an office in Whitworth Street, Manchester in very early 1970’s and basically operated as a Freight Forwarder, then moved to Trafford Park. Steve Keller also had another company Arabian Freight in the same offices.

Then I believe the Keith Rayner connection came along later in a financial partnership for a while before falling out over debts & money owed.

OzzyHugh:
Going back to SKI Transport, Manchester - it was Steve Keller International (SKI) with an office in Whitworth Street, Manchester in very early 1970’s and basically operated as a Freight Forwarder, then moved to Trafford Park. Steve Keller also had another company Arabian Freight in the same offices.

Then I believe the Keith Rayner connection came along later in a financial partnership for a while before falling out over debts & money owed.

Hiya “OzzyHugh” Yes whitworth Street it was trying to park round there when going for the paper
work if I remember we wen’t round there just unit.We also done some work for Arabian Freight to Terhan.
GUESTY44

Hi Guesty, I am sorry but I can’t remember any of the names of the Bowker lads and I bet that we have all forgotten more names than what we can now remember, apart from Barney who was the relief barman in The Havelock in the early eighties. :laughing:
As I mentioned the other day in my P.M. to you Lennie Frost worked for Ski International before he worked for Dow Freight. After a few years Lennie left Dow and went to work for A.C.H. for a couple of years, then he went back to Dow and then he became an owner driver. I think that Tony Trainer also worked for Ski before he joined Dow but the best person to ask would be Geoff The Crow Taylor (where is he when he is wanted) :slight_smile: as I think he said that their Tony worked for Ski or was it his uncle. :confused:
Somebody posted this photo on Trucknet quite a while back of an Arabian Transport motor and I wondered if they were anything to do with Arabian Freight or if you recognised the driver.
B.T.W. it’s ages since I last contacted Johnnie Roberts but he did mention that he still goes for a drink with Harry Savage. :smiley:

Regards Steve.

mushroomman:
Hi Guesty, I am sorry but I can’t remember any of the names of the Bowker lads

But I can :sunglasses: Jimmy Kent and John Dawson, for starters, and I presume the trailer is Bowker 110?

240 Gardner:

mushroomman:

But I can :sunglasses: Jimmy Kent and John Dawson, for starters, and I presume the trailer is Bowker110
2 out o 4 not bad Don Clayton+wif-Bill Crossley.
Now you should get this one without even thinking about it,
GUESTY44 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Guesty44:

240 Gardner:

mushroomman:

But I can :sunglasses: Jimmy Kent and John Dawson, for starters, and I presume the trailer is Bowker110

Yes, I twigged those two on the way home!

Yes, I know who that is.

240 Gardner:

Guesty44:

240 Gardner:

mushroomman:

Can’t make out this photo though - could be anyone!

Jacky Leach On european for Bowker over 25yrs Took out with me.
first trip to Istanbull.Sadley was Killed while at woodside’s.
GUESTY44

Guesty44:

240 Gardner:

Guesty44:

240 Gardner:

mushroomman:

Can’t make out this photo though - could be anyone!

Jacky Leach On european for Bowker over 25yrs Took out with me.
first trip to Istanbull.Sadley was Killed while at woodside’s.
GUESTY44

Just worked it out once I’d seen the blown-up photo (didn’t even need the sub-titles!)