SJ BARGH STOKE

I start Monday night on reloads there at Endon, just finished my full week training in the class room and gone out on site at Lancaster, Ashbourne etc.

Everyone I spoke to there says its a easy enough job so I will see how next week go’s now.

Welcome aboard, it will be different job to tramping as I’m sure your aware of but a lot will be similar , best advice I can give you is take your time on corners, roundabouts etc , if in doubt ask another driver or ring the office up, if you get a tank that isn’t filled to capacity take it extra easy as they can catch you out very easily , always make sure the tank is vented when your tipping and washing. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea as there is a fair bit of sitting around waiting but it’s a good job .

I think that’s the case more than anything knowing I’m carrying a live load instead of just pulling deckers the past 9yrs and getting used to the tidal wave effect the first few weeks.

Had it constantly drilled into my head by John in training this week to NEVER be in a hurry and drive at my own pace and as long as I don’t screw that up the first month I’m hoping to be in the gold banding chart if I can as I’m a very safety first driver by nature anyway.

Do they still do the Acton dairy? :grimacing: that’s the one you want. :sunglasses:

Fatboy slimslow:
Do they still do the Acton dairy? :grimacing: that’s the one you want. :sunglasses:

Yeah the Acton dairy is on the system… spill the beans on why its good! :confused:

I’m quite happy where I am now but if things change I may be interested in doing this when they move to Longton as its less than a mile from my front door,what shifts are offer?Saw them advertising for nights but someone on here mentioned nighting out?!

theringmonster:

Fatboy slimslow:

Yeah the Acton dairy is on the system… spill the beans on why its good! :confused:

one hit and back! :grimacing: no farms, no collections. :laughing:

Fatboy slimslow:

theringmonster:

Fatboy slimslow:

one hit and back! :grimacing: no farms, no collections. :laughing:

Thanks dude, I will keep that in mind now for this week! :smiley:

theringmonster:
I think that’s the case more than anything knowing I’m carrying a live load instead of just pulling deckers the past 9yrs and getting used to the tidal wave effect the first few weeks.

Had it constantly drilled into my head by John in training this week to NEVER be in a hurry and drive at my own pace and as long as I don’t screw that up the first month I’m hoping to be in the gold banding chart if I can as I’m a very safety first driver by nature anyway.

It probably will take longer than a few weeks to master the corners etc , no 2 loads or tanks handle the same and even now after 16 yrs I can get caught out from time to time.

As for the banding I’d see how you get on with it , gold is achievable but certainly not as straight forward to get into. I aim to be in silver and if I get in gold its a bonus . After all it’s a costa coffee and a bag of crisps extra a day so don’t lose any sleep worrying if I do not make gold .

In time you will get to know which are the best dairies that suit you on nights , I wouldn’t believe everything people tell you :wink:

Stoke trucker you have a PM :slight_smile:

I’m on for them and I can’t knock them at all. Best planners I’ve worked for and very decent people in the office. There is quite a big turn over of staff but it’s not down to the firm in my opinion.
Not everyone can get used to working weekends and as a tramper I never look forward to being away at xmas and for some this is a deal breaker. Good gear, good work, moneys enough for me but we aren’t all the same are we?
When it comes to maxing out my hours then I find most of the time it’s my choice. I prefer to park up later and get up later, some prefer to park up early and start early but in general it’s down to me. More often than not it’s an early dart on our last day too.

Well, so far so good. Nice steady runs not had my hours pushed, decent kit to drive, friendly drivers willing to give newby advise on any aspect.

Easy trunking which is the main thing. :slight_smile:

What’s the shift pattern like fella,days and start time?

The shift patterns are either 5/2/5/3/5/2 etc or 6/2 . tramping , cab hopping or Day and night shifts , as for the start times there is no set patterns , can be anything from 3am to 11 am on tramping all depends on where the milk is going and what time your booked in .

I have applied at the stoke depot if on tramping Mon to Fri do you have your own truck or swap each week. Also is the pay good.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mdourish:
I have applied at the stoke depot if on tramping Mon to Fri do you have your own truck or swap each week. Also is the pay good.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You will be allocated your own unit if your tramping, pay is average for area but as stated before it’s steady work as long as you can hack the weekends.

Will they ever move into the new depot, it still looked like a bomb sight last time I passed, nothing seems to be getting done.

Rentadent:
Will they ever move into the new depot, it still looked like a bomb sight last time I passed, nothing seems to be getting done.

I pass it every day,still a skeleton steel frame atm and surfaces still not done I’d say at the very least 6 months

All the trucks are now in the new yard, saw them earlier today