sizes please...

i need to input some details in my satnav for vehicle sizes but i’m not sure what to put , being new to satnav, so the question is what do you chaps put in .■■

i’m going to use a random vehicle for now just for a rough guide .

i’ll pick an actros , why not ? with a double deck trailer . i need full length , full height its also asking for width so that aswell please .

also same motor but with a standard height curtainsider .
its asking for loads more info but sod it that lot will do …

i’ve no idea how accurate this stuff needs to be …

cheers chaps :smiley:

On me snooper I have a few different ones stored just for different trailer heights I pull. But just put a little bit over just in case it thinks I want to go under a 13’3 bridge in a 13’3" trailer. I know it’d fit but it’s a bit close for me! So I put length 46’, height a couple inches over what you pulling, width 8.5 feet found this works a treat mate. Also if you have a snooper itll ask you for truck type I select trailer! Hope this helps you matey!

I use 8’ width, height should be on your trailer (a double deck usually around 16’ - 16’3 - a standard around 13’6 - 14’6, they REALLY do vary), weight is max gross so 44t for a 3 axle unit with 3 axle trailer and 10.5t per axle max.

I will warn you though, if you’re using dartford north, it’ll try and divert you round, so use your head with it :slight_smile:

its only really height thats important and that should be on the trailer all the other setting can be aprox

According to contruction and use regs, most trucks/trailers are 2.5m wide.
With the exception of Reefers, and they are 2.55m wide to allow for the insulation.
it was a question from my CPC exams several years ago

Bowser what Satnav are you using?
As there are various POIs that you can load into the device, especially if its a tomtom etc. Theres even a bunch of tomtom POIs that allow you to set the hight in 1" increments from 10 foot 1" right up to 16 foot

dukeofdirt:
On me snooper I have a few different ones stored just for different trailer heights I pull. But just put a little bit over just in case it thinks I want to go under a 13’3 bridge in a 13’3" trailer. I know it’d fit but it’s a bit close for me! So I put length 46’, height a couple inches over what you pulling, width 8.5 feet found this works a treat mate. Also if you have a snooper itll ask you for truck type I select trailer! Hope this helps you matey!

thanks for that .
i was getting confused with the trailer bit it did’nt make too much sense , you would have thought it would be an artic option rather than just trailer , yes its a snooper … i’m crap with this techy stuff can you tell ■■

peirre:
According to contruction and use regs, most trucks/trailers are 2.5m wide.
With the exception of Reefers, and they are 2.55m wide to allow for the insulation.
it was a question from my CPC exams several years ago

Bowser what Satnav are you using?
As there are various POIs that you can load into the device, especially if its a tomtom etc. Theres even a bunch of tomtom POIs that allow you to set the hight in 1" increments from 10 foot 1" right up to 16 foot

its a snooper and i’ve kind of got the hang of the user poi’s … just … :blush:

peirre is correct - to a point

C&U regs state 2550mm width for dry freight bodywork and 2600mm for insulated bodywork.

As for height, a comfortable “usual” height is 4880 (16’) although is is not uncommon for double decks to raise to 4930mm max. Main trunking bridges are supposed to be 5m high, but, as stated here, they do vary at the sides slightly.

Beware though as even truck Tom Toms cannot be relied upon 100% and we do get a lot of kit coming back to us with bridge damage.

Richard Owens

Don-Bur (Bodies & Trailers) Ltd

bowser:

dukeofdirt:

thanks for that .
i was getting confused with the trailer bit it did’nt make too much sense , you would have thought it would be an artic option rather than just trailer , yes its a snooper … i’m crap with this techy stuff can you tell ■■

Nah, doesnt show at all :slight_smile: