Size does matter!

on a lot of the photo posts or even in the general threads, there are pictures that take hours to download.

Can TruckNet or PHP not limit the size of these images like you do with the avatars? If the pics are too big, the site wont wont accept them.

Im sure I am not the only one with dial up, who uses these forums. Im sure I am also using an average size screen. I dont want to scroll twice the width of my screen to read a post.

Mine are all 70-80kb a piece and that’s plenty small enough in terms of file size in comparison to the physical picture size.

What speed system and connection are you using ?

Yours are fine Rob, as are most of them, but it only takes one massive image to spoil a good story.

Im on 56k dial up, it used to be a fast system when I was a lad. :stuck_out_tongue:

Its the photos that I need to scroll 3 times the width of my screen to read the posts underneath that I want reducing.

It works on another PHB board I use, I think the admin either delete it or reduce the size of the file if it spoils the page layout

Point taken.

It also happens if someone posts a long URL link, or puts an extended line of -----------------, or …, which goes beyond the normal forum width.

The problem with photo’s is that they are normally links from another site or something that someone has uploaded. If they are on another site, then ‘grabbing’ them to another location, resizing them, and redirecting the link, is not only labour intensive, but also has Data Protection and Copyright implications.

FWIW, I also find it annoying.

I’ll try and keep an eye on it and suggest people resize there pics when they use them on their posts.

I dont want to scroll twice the width of my screen to read a post

Same here and my screen is set to 1920 x 1440 :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

im too blame with my pics i didnt relise that ive got 2 digital camaras and the older one does the pics to the right size but when i used my new camara it makes the pics to big but as rob mentioned this i will resize the pics i do with my new camara in future.

sorry everyone :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Not just you Jess, There is a supersize picture of a black FH spoiling truckyboys story :stuck_out_tongue:

Norton Slurry Haulage, I think. Its too wide to read